Posts by derbigpr

Why do people complain about marketing of certain products made by certain companies but don't complain when some guy in the basement makes a headphone amp and puts a 5000 dollar price on it? This is probably far better engineered and manufactured than a lot of much more expensive "audiophile" amps or DAC's.  Judging by my current experience with 1k dollar plus headphone amps and DAC's, and soundcards, I'd say this will be another giant killed like the Asus Essence One...
Guys, remember, every time you say you like this headphone and would pay a lot for it, the price of the headphone goes up. So, for the sake of a reasonable price...I'll say: Eeeeeeeww what an ugly headphone. I bet it will suck, I'd pay 200 dollars for it, tops.     Now it's your turn.
  Almost nobody does that.  It's a misconception. I know there was also a thread on head-fi with some guy who was sending emails to loads of manufacturers asking them about how they make headphone outputs, and pretty much everyone uses speaker outputs with resistors. The only amps that use separate headphone circuits are high end amps that actually use high end headphone amp sections that sound better than just using speaker outputs.  High end Marantz amps for example do...
 That's a nice theory that a lot of people think is true, but it's actually not. Last year I had a little "quest" during which I tested integrated amps, receivers and all kinds of devices (even my used-to-be-high-end Panasonic plasma TV) to see what kind of headphone outputs they have.  As a rule, all integrated amps have great headphone outputs. Even the cheap entry level amps from Marantz, Denon, NAD, Cambridge Audio, etc. have excellent headphone outputs with MORE power...
 Most probably (99,9%) it's caused by badly mastered recordings, which are easier to find nowadays than grains of sand on a beach.
 That's why if you live in Europe, the only place where you should buy headphones online is thomann.de. :P
 Again, what kind of decoder are you using to make your mp3's? There are big differences between two 320 mp3 files depending on how you make them. That's why you have mp3's that are like 3-4 MB's in size, and those that are 12-13 MB in size for an average track.Are you doing ABX testing? That is the only test you should do because anything else is prone to placebo effect. I'm the type of person that hears the pin drop in the apartment next door while I'm vacuuming and...
Ok I've just spent some time comparing the T1's to DT770 Pro 250's...and I have to say, they are extremely close. Out a Schiit Asgard 2 and HRT Music Streamer II, which is my college setup, the only differences between them is that T1's have slightly less sub bass and an almost compressed and plasticky sounding bass,  sliiiiiightly bigger soundstage and smoother highs, and slightly more lush (but less clean, almost muddy) sounding mids.  Vocals sound virtually identical on...
 It takes about 3 seconds to google it and see that Marantz says in every single spec sheet that it uses a dedicate headphone amplifier. http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=PM6005"Fully Discrete Headphone AmplifierFor superb sound quality with the widest range of headphone types, the PM6005 features a fully discrete headphone amplifier that is able to handle just about any headphone type, regardless of impedance or...
Did anyone try the brand new DT770 Pro's lately? I just got the 250 Ohm version, the newest one, in that new box with an opening flap, the carrying bag, etc.  Is it just me or do they sound significantly better than they used to?  I mean, I had every headphone in the Beyerdynamic DT lineup, 770Pro 80, 770Pro 250, 880 600, 990Pro 250, as well as T1's, as several cheaper not so popular, but still awesome models like DTX-910 (aaaaaa-fcking-mazing for the price btw), etc. so I...