Posts by derbigpr

No it's not placebo, definitely not. They're completely different headphones with a different purpose. They have different pads, different drivers, slightly different cups, different clamping force, different cable, etc. They're really tuned for DRUMMERS to use during recording sessions, not for listening to music.  They're the last headphone you want. Really if you want good noise isolation but still good sound quality on the move, you should have not gotten the DT770's...
  Well, do you hear the hissing when there's no music playing and amp volume is turned up high? Try using just the amp, with no source connected to it, and turn the volume up to see if you hear any hissing.  If yes, your amp is hissing. If not, plug in your source, don't play any music, but turn the volume up, any hiss now? If yes, your source is hissing. If there's no hiss still, then the songs you're using are hissing.
http://www.had-audiolab.com/products/power/maestral-three-headphone-ampTry this, it's a couple of steps above the Lyr imho, warm, euphonic, a real tube amp.
   That is true with cheaper gear that doesn't have enough resolution to put out both things. For example, my Musical Fidelity M1HPAP amp sounds both warm and lush AND very spacious and has lots of depth at the same time. In fact,if anything, I'd say that warmness and that natural timbre is what gives the most depth and spaciousness to sound, at least to my ears. You won't really get good sound with the E17 and T1's, it's nowhere near an ideal setup for them. T1's can...
Aaaawwwwww gawd damn, the stuff of nightmare just happened.  I haven't used my T1's for about 2 weeks due to exams, now I put them on my head, I felt some tickling behind my left ear, I thought it was my hair, so I took them off to fix the hair behind my ear, put them back on, listened for a while, a tickling started again, this time I felt an actual movement. I pulled the headphones off quickly, and sure as hell, there was a small spider inside the ear cup hiding at the...
  No, it's not a guess, I know how similar they sound with every other headphone, so it's safe to assume they'd sound very similar with HD800's as well. Identical? Probably not. But the fact is that for half the price you get the same level of quality, just an ever so slightly different tune in sound. .
  I'm not sure they'd sound identical, but they should be very similar considering their similarities in the build, but you'd have to compare them side by side. They probably have a differently tuned sound, as I said, LP are pro focused products, they aim for absolute accuracy and neutrality, whereas the V200 in particular is a bit warm, but technically, they're on the level of Violectric's, meaning they use the same quality components, very similar if not identical...
 Just wondering, are you aware of the Lake People amps? They're basically the exact same company as Violectric, except the Lake People branded amps are made for the more professional market. They're  virtually the same designs, parts, specs, sound, etc. but without the fancy expensive chassis and all the other cosmetic stuff you get with Vios.  They're almost half the price as well. Check out the Lake People G109 or G105 amps, they're excellent amps, in many German hi-fi...
 Oh yea, I didn't know you had planars, in that case the V200 will make a big difference in power.
  Haha what a coincidence, I actually had the D1050 for a while, and with T1's, I didn't feel much difference in amping when going to Musical Fidelity M1HPAP or Schiit Asgard 2, and in addition, I didn't find the Lehmann BCL or V200 to be much better than the M1HPAP with T1's or HD650's when I compared them, just subtle differences, nothing major, they are in the similar price range anyway. In any case, don't expect the V200 to destroy the D1050 output, it will be a small...