Posts by derbigpr

I agree. To be honest, I was very skeptical at first. I kind of thought that Schiit as a company was over-hyped because they're so involved in the head-fi community, and therefore a lot of people relate to them more and automatically buy and like their products more. But I was very surprised to see that this is a VERY serious product (despite the silly name) in every sense of the word, it's what I like to call a finished product, it feels like someone put a lot of effort...
  Yea it seems the best way to do it. When the volume is turned all the way down, there's no noise at all audible when plugging the headphones in...in fact, even when the volume is up, there's only a barely audible crackle if I don't push the plug all the way in and it's sort of loose.
Just got my Asgard 2, and right out of the box I'm very impressed. With T1's the synergy is great to my ears. Nice weight to the bass, smooth and liquid sound, but well controlled. Basically... Musical Fidelity M1HPAP has finally been beaten as far as the T1 pairings go, and by an amp that costs 3 times less. Compared to similarly priced stuff...for example, Nuforce HDP used as a headamp, the Asgard is FAR better. Nuforce sounds like a laptop headphone output in...
  Not to bust your balls, but I hear that tongue movement on a pair of Sennheiser HD202's plugged into a laptop. :P
  Don't want to be rude, but you don't have to teach me things that I, believe me, know more than enough about.  I learned about Ohms law about 13-14 years ago, but I also learned that it's often irrelevant what specs on paper say when what I hear in practice says otherwise. For example...I have the T1's plugged into the MF M1 now. Now, according to calculations that you used as well, that amp should enable peaks of around 120 db's....but...heh...trust me, turning that amp...
   I agree with you that headphones that sound slightly "warm" sound more realistic and more neutral than those that have flat response and look neutral on paper. But, it's hard to judge that from recordings, simply because, as you put it here, no recording is neutral and flat, they all have an emphasis on one or the other area of the sound. On top of that, most sound engineers nowadays don't know what the hell they're doing when mixing, and end up totally ruining any...
 Recordings have sibilance, not HD800's. :P
For gaming, if you really want a flagship, T1's would be the best.  Better than  HD800's. HD800's are artificially spacious and too thin, they'd make things sound too far away. T1's have a perfectly sized soundstage and better weight to the sound.  But really...there's no need to go for a flagship for gaming. There's only a single game I ever played that has good enough audio quality to justify any sort of hi-fi headphones, and that's Battlefield 3. Everything else sounds...
  No, I seriously don't want any bass boosts, any cross feed circuits or any other coloration, because when I do have the need for that, I use VST plug-ins that allow me far more customization.  As for as the power goes, I don't think 40 mW's is 2-3 times more than T1's need. First of all, they're not just 600 ohm headphones, their impedance spikes at almost 1400 ohms in the bass to low-mids region. Considering how quickly the power output of the iCan drops off with higher...
 I can tell you something about that as well, owned the 880's 600 ohm version for 2 years now.  K612's have a bigger sound stage and sound more airy and light (not more bright, just less weighty), they have faster mid-bass punch, but less bass extension and less overall warmth in the lows. K612's also sound more vivid and more lively overall, whereas 880's can be a bit dull sometimes, almost boring sounding, while K612's really add energy and sound more "fun" and...