Posts by derbigpr

They are not perfectly neutral in terms of their frequency response (but then again, no headphones are, especially not the many well recommended studio models which almost as a rule have very aggressive bass roll-off and spikes in the mids and highs), but they are natural sounding.  To me there's a difference between something that measures flat and sounds real, 990's are one of those rare headphones that make something sound real if it's properly mastered. Simply said,...
 IMHO, they most certainly should be, as one of the most natural sounding headphones out there anywhere near their price. Would you suggest the K701/702 as pro headphones? Well, taking 990's off and putting K701's on makes them sound a bit plasticky in the mids in comparison, although very, very similar overall. Basically, DT990 is like the improved version of a K701, with more natural and realistic mids and a more realistic bass quantity. They're better than K701's for...
   You need a proper source and a proper amp. These are serious headphones on a level comparable to HD650's or AKG K701's, therefore a portable player won't bring them anywhere near their potential, and they scale extremely well.  In my opinion, and I've heard pretty much all of the Beyerdynamic's (owned pretty much the entire 770, 880 and 990 lineup, plus the T1's), 990 Pro's are the 2nd best open back Beyerdynamic headphones after T1's, even besting T90's, since those...
  How about a portable subwoofer? :P
The more I look at them and read about them, the more I like them. These might be the perfect cans. Top of the line performance, neutral, great build quality, easy to run, closed back, etc.
  Thanks! I'm glad you like it, but it's far from being finished. :P I find the FSC to be quite similar to HD650's, but slightly less sparkly and more bassy, with a smaller soundstage. It should be a good second headphone to handle the genres that HD600's aren't excellent at, which is mostly bass heavy stuff.
Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro         1) Introduction:   I've been a member of Head-fi for almost 4 years now. When I first joined, all I had was a pair of already worn out Sennheiser HD212Pro's. I've been in love with music since I can remember, and had pretty decent experience in hi-fi because my father was an audiophile, but at the time, I was not aware of how big and diverse the world of headphones was, you could say I was a...
All integrated amps have great headphone outputs, regardless of price. Cheaper int amps for 300-400 dollars with outclass the headphone amps for similar price in terms of power and ability to drive headphones with impedance. They also match them in sound quality, and sometimes outdo them.  There's no point in buying a separate headamp if you have an integrated amp already, unless you're buying a high end headphone amp for high end headphones. With some mid end headphones...
  Sometimes I feel like the Classic is ever so slightly too warm, there's a dip between 4 and 8 kHz peaking at around 6kHz where I feel some 3-4 db lift would help the headphone sound more open and lively. But I guess that's what the Professional version is for.
Damn, 4000€. It better sound good, although I don't see how it could possibly be worth the price considering what you can get for that sort of money, it's not even balanced. I only heard the cheapest model, Bacilus, and it sounded pretty good, although a bit thin and sharp for my tastes, at 500€ seemed a bit overpriced considering the same money will buy you stuff from Lake Audio or Violectric, or even Lehmann Audio, which sounds better and has more power.