Posts by derbigpr

1) You clearly missed the point of my comment. 2) I can clearly tell the difference between a BAD mp3 file and GOOD mp3 file. As you know mp3 is not a raw format, you have to make it out of a different file, and a lot of people who do that don't do it properly, they add loudness, sometimes even EQ it, etc. and they end up making a file that sounds nothing like the original lossless file, instead of being identical. 3)  Music that's available for download or purchase in...
 A20 should be good enough. But getting a cheaper tube amp like Schiit Valhalla 2 or something similar might be better.Oh, and if you're only listening to mp3's, I wouldn't get T1's in your skin. What's the point? Not that properly ripped mp3's (most of them aren't properly ripped) can't sound almost as good as FLAC, but it's kind of like buying a Ferrari to drive it around town, you'll never get to experience what it can really do. I also assume you don't listen to much...
I wonder what kind of gear people use with DT990's to find the mids recessed and highs harsh.  Mids recessed? In what way?  Vocals are more forward on them than on DT880's and HD650's and have far more body and texture than on DT880's which sound thin in comparison.  Comparing them side by side even to K701's, voices are not any less pronounced than on AKG's, except they have a much better tonality on Beyers, more natural sound. And harsh highs? Again, in which way? I...
   All of them if they're well recorded. Literally, I haven't heard any genre that doesn't sound good on them. They're definitely the ultimate all around high end headphone. You just gotta amp them properly.
  Sure, I don't care if it snaps, after all, I'm a fairy and I can fly.
 I think the metal cables used in construction are still a bit more expensive per meter.
  Nope, just made knot with a cable and that prevents it from getting pulled on, it's very tight, I could hardly close the ear cup, and the wires  inside the cup are twice as long as they need to be in case they do get pulled on. But if this cable is anything like the one on the T1's, I don't worry about it at all, you could probably make a suspension bridge out of them, that's how strong they are.
I re-cabled my old Sennheiser HD202's which I use pretty much 80% of the time while doing anything on the computer, the stock wire failed so many times I can't even remember how many times I had to shorten it and solder it again. Well, not anymore.  I got a real cable now! Very overkill, but I don't care. It's a  4 meter long Sommer Cable Onyx instrument cable, same manufacturer that makes the cables for the Beyerdynamic T1's, and the cables are pretty much identical in...
Oh and btw, are you sure the driver is blown? Take the headphones apart, you have  nothing to lose, and check out the driver.   Here's a guide on how to take them apart:       There's a bunch of little holes and one large one in the back of the driver trough which all kinds of particles could fall inside and cause the rattling. Even a piece of hair stuck inside can cause a lot of distortion and sound  like the driver is blown, but it's possible someone was not...
  You're a lucky panda to get a free pair of T1's, even with one damaged driver. :P  Jokes aside, the driver (entire assembly with the silky fabric) costs around 100€ I think, at least that's what I remember reading on a german forum quite some time ago, I don't remember where exactly, but I remember I was reading about that before buying my T1's.