or Connect

Posts by derbigpr

Price doesn't dictate the level of quality, but you can be pretty sure you won't find an amp for 100 dollars that can push the T1's to their maximum performance.
  You're not using them with good enough equipment. You can't expect high end sound without a high end DAC and amp, that's the thing about high end headphones, they don't sound like high end unless you feed them with high end, they don't add anything to the sound. The reason why high end headphones are as well regarded as they are is not because they add something of their own to the sound and make it better, it's because they add less to the sound than other headphones,...
For example: http://shop.sommercable.com/en/Cables/Bulk-Cables-Audio/Patch-Mikrofonkabel-SC-Peacock-MKII-200-0552.html   That's the stock Beyer T1 cable.
  And a very effective reducer of IQ points.
  Yea I know, but it kind of fails to do what it's supposed to do. It just colors the sound heavily, makes it distant, loose, echoey, etc. The fact that by accident, 1 out of 100 songs sound good on it doesn't make it a good piece of software. Some presets just sound plain horrible, as if you're listening to a pocket radio. Many free similar softwares and addons do a much better job, that's why I don't get why they charge 75 dollars for it. I mean for 45 you get the entire...
 Definitely T1 for that music and that amp.
  I don't like that at all, I mean, it's not horrible,  but I don't see why anyone would pay 75 dollars for something you get for free with pretty much any sound card on the market and many surround software processing addons for foobar or jriver, like TBIsone, which is superior at making stereo recordings sound like you're listening to speakers even with stock presets, let alone after fiddling with the millions of settings it has for a while. And to be honest, my old Asus...
 FPS on consoles...eewwwww. 
Unless you have some insanely thick frames on the glasses, you should have no problems. Beyers literally don't care if you wear glasses. Oh and the clamping force is totally up to you. You can make it as tight or as loose as you want because the headband is made out of metal that can be easily bent into any shape you want, so don't worry about it.   Get the pro version, it's build slightly better, it has those solid adjustment mechanisms and replaceable headband cover,...
No it's not placebo, definitely not. They're completely different headphones with a different purpose. They have different pads, different drivers, slightly different cups, different clamping force, different cable, etc. They're really tuned for DRUMMERS to use during recording sessions, not for listening to music.  They're the last headphone you want. Really if you want good noise isolation but still good sound quality on the move, you should have not gotten the DT770's...