Posts by derbigpr

Asgard is a very nice amp for the money, it does all the basics right. It's got plenty of power (I'm using mine on low gain setting and barely ever have to go past 3 o'clock on the knob with T1's), it's totally silent even on high gain and on highest volume with low impedance headphones, has perfect channel balance throughout the entire volume pot range, has very low output impedance, sounds nice with all headphones because it has an unoffensive and likable sound...
  Nope, but I'm using T1's with it, and it's a great combo. It's a slightly warm and full sounding amp and it works nicely with slightly bright and aggressive cans like HD700's or T1's are.
Beyerdynamic T1. Paired with a Musical Fidelity M1DAC and M1HPAP it sounds good enough that I don't feel any need to upgrade any part of my system, and I can fully focus on finding and collecting the music. I'm sure there's a headphone, a DAC and an amp out there that would offer slightly better sound quality, but for now, and for the past 2 years, I've been perfectly happy with my setup and could call it end game as far as serious listening goes. In fact, I think I've...
   You screwed up, you put the rings onto the earpads the other way around.
  It's not. :)  Differences aren't huge, but once you hear a really good amp with headphones like T1's, you'll realize why some cost 100 dollars and some 2000 dollars. Are they worth it? If you can afford it, yes.
Guys, I've had my T1's for almost 2 years now, and I've always wondered but was scared to try out on my own....how loud can T1's really play?  I mean, how well do the drivers tolerate extremely high volume levels. I usually listen to at about 90 db average with some 100 db peaks, but I've always been careful not to turn them up too high, because I'm afraid I might damage the drivers. So, did anyone actually really try to push them to the limit? Maybe measured how loud they...
  T1's don't have a foam ring inside the earcup originally.  DT990's (manufaktur edition) and T1's use identical earpads, T1's don't use the foam inside, but DT990's do, that's why when you get the earpads you get the foam as well.
Try switching the tubes from left to right if you think it's the tube, it's the easiest thing to check.
Does anyone who own these also own the D600's?  Care to compare them?
DT770 Pro 250 is a different headphone than the 80 version, it's considerably brighter, has less bass and more mids, it's quite similar sounding to T1's when I compare them directly, but with just slightly more bass punch, and slightly lower resolution, but it's sharper sounding and feels more detailed. It's more detailed and open sounding than 80 ohm version, but more sibilant and fatiguing as well. I would call it a slight upgrade if you like that kind of sound, but it's...