Posts by Dr J

Thanks for the update, will wait patiently .
Hello,   any word on the adapter availability for non-iFi-gadget owners/buyers?   From what I have been reading, I am pretty sure there is a lot of demand for a professional solution along the lines you have. The demand comes from mid-to-high-end IEM owners who would like to use their favorite amps having too high gain or channel impedance at low volume or hiss issues with their efficient IEMs.   And I was really surprised that I could not find a commercial impedance...
Hi,   thanks for all the pad and other mod ideas posted in this thread, been fun times trying different configurations on the now three 500s in the family.   These phones really are something special in terms of value for money and for doing mods. Thought to share my findings again. Sorry, a bit of a long post, but hopefully useful for anybody modding or further explorations of mods:   My favorite configuration on the oldest pair with hundreds of hours of use...
  Original idea with HD 25 pads: http://www.head-fi.org/t/533508/new-beyer-dt1350/1155#post_8162414   My experiences with Zoro and JVC HA-S500 pads: http://www.head-fi.org/t/533508/new-beyer-dt1350/2940#post_8918815
  Both.   With the Zoro pads I get a clearly improved seal compared to stock pads (my ears feel the pressure much more if I press on the cups), and that could explain the bass impact increase (for my ear shape). The JVC pads less so but still an improvement.   Need to check out those Beyer alternative pads, they both seem promising. Thank you MrAdrian and plakat for bringing them up!
Hi,   a suggestion to all DT-1350 users who would like to get a bit more bass, esp. mid-bass, impact and/or comfort, in case you wish to experiment with some easy mods.   Inspired by the recent pad mod frenzy in JVC HA-S500 thread, I toyed around with putting various pads on top of the DT-1350 pads (without removing the stock pads, a la the DT 1350 mod with Sennheiser HD25 pads earlier posted).   I got a surprising amount of extra comfort and bass with good...
Thought to share my journey with these phones to maximize their value for money, which is very high to start with. In case it helps others or sparks new ideas. All IMHO and YMMV as usual.   - very good detail and soundstage for on-ears in my opinion. Comparing to Beyer DT1350 and Pioneer HDJ2000, the JVCs are almost contenders, not quite but amazingly close for the price. Almost a tie with my ATH-M50s with velour pads and additional foam to tone down upper mids....
Hi barbes,   unfortunately nothing conclusive enough for me to say that I know (how) it can/cannot be done, but a lot of suggestion on how possibly to accomplish it (right interface, voltage). One what seemed like a success story for 6th gen in the other forum I posted above.   Dr J
Hi Lazlo,   I have been trying to get enough information to try the 256GB upgrade for iPod 7th gen. While browsing the net, I think I recall reading somebody having also an infinite reboot problem, and also solving it. Unfortunately did not bookmark it and cannot find it now, but maybe that is a lead for you to follow?   Some related places on the web: http://www.command-tab.com/2007/03/11/upgrading-ipod-hard-drives/,...
Also highest grade to Jan for customer service and help beyond call of duty with the excellent Corda Stepdance amp, first in delivering the amp and then helping with considerable effort to sort out a problem that was not even covered by warranty!   Dr J