or Connect

Posts by JHex2

Hi there,   I'm looking for recommendations for a DAP to pair with my Chord Hugo. I have an Onkyo DP-X1, and I know it's nitpicky, but I cant use the digital out and charge at the same time. I'd like a DAP with an optical out and a great GUI.   Right now I'm looking at an iBasso DX80, but the Cowon Plenue series also caught my eye. Unfortunately the Plenue D does not have optical out, otherwise it would be perfect :(. I also took a look at the Opus #1.    Any...
How would you compare the HE-X to the HE-1K? Is it that much of an upgrade? Edit: Thanks for the great feedback already!
Hi peeps,   I'm in the market for an upgrade to my LCD-2 R1s. My stack is a Auralic Aries connected to a  Audio-GD Master 7 DAC with a Master 6 amp for good measure.    I could get those HE-1000s on sale at Adorama for 2100, but i'm in NJ and have to pay tax, and on top of that I would have to get a new cable.   I could also buy some used LCD-3s, but I question if those are a true upgrade over the LCD-2. Also they look the same, so the shinyness factor isnt...
I found it on slickdeals, but here's the direct link http://www.adorama.com/hmhe1000.html?emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905
Has anyone seen the deal for the HE1000 at adorama? It's going for 2099. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to bite at that price? I'm upgrading from LCD-2 rev 1s.
Hi all,   I have a chord hugo that I use in my office setup with my Edition 8s. Right now I use an AK100 with the optical to the hugo, but I was wondering if maybe I could improve the experience of the transport with perhaps an AK Jr, AK100ii or even an AK240. Any other recommendations?   Which one has the best operating system, the most capacity, and the best overall experience as a transport? Or am I being silly and I should just stick with my original...
Hi guys,   Looking for any of the above Audio-Technica Clipons. Willing to pay good prices!!    Also, if you have any other than the EW9 and EM7, I would also like to buy those too.   I'm just in love with the stylings, but I got into the headphone game late and missed out.    Spread the word!!   My wishlist is EM9D, EM9R and EM700. PM me an offer!   Thanks!
The HE400s do seem very nice, and his favorite color is blue. Do you think he could throw them in a backpack, or are they too fragile for that?
Hi all,   I just went traveling with my brother and his old sonys were leaving black flakes on his ears, so out they go. His birthday is coming up, so I wanted to get him new headphones.    He's not an audiophile, more of a "normal" person. So he doesnt want to use an amp or anything other than an iPhone or iPad or iMac. Crazy, I know.    But this is my golden opportunity to get him something good.   I was looking at the following headphones   Momentums AKG K545...
Never really had an echo tbh. Not sure why there would be one in the first place? The mic is wired separately and no reason the mic should be picking up any sort of audio while you're using headphones? The only thing I can think of is if your 2 female to 1 male 3.5mm adapter connected to the chat adapter is the issue. Mine has separate mic and headphone inputs, so if yours doesnt that might be a problem. Maybe chat audio is coming through the mic too?