Posts by ZetsuBozu0012

Sorry, I should've made myself clearer. I knew about Android not really being able to support 24-bit (Blind A-B'ing was made totally impossible, though that could just be due to my average gear). Also, that mod sounds like a godsend. I'll be checking that out. Thanks for the tip!
I've had the One for a few days now, and the ONLY criticism I can throw at it, apart from the steps between volumes being a bit far apart (I go for "slightly too loud", myself :P), is the fact that the stock player doesn't natively support 24-bit audio. Nitpicking, I know. To be honest, this is perhaps the best DAP I've ever had. Far from being gimmicky, the Beats audio enhancement actually improve the SQ, especially when using the built-in speakers. ... Okay, that...
I know that this is probably somewhere in this huge thread, but what's everyone's take on the Lamy 2000? I'll be getting one soon, and want to know what I'all be getting myself into beforehand. Cheers!
  Um, I kinda see the direction of the analogy, but while a HDTV + low-fidelity sound system is still *somewhat* workable, a car without an engine simply won't run.   Now, if he'd mentioned a car with a weak engine, that'd be more accurate.   Hair-splitting aside, I agree that hi-fi is something of an acquired taste. As of the moment, I'm stuck with *mid*-fi gear (my AKG K242s are, at the moment, my best headphones), and happy with it. The moment I reach the pinnacle of...
chinesekiwi— "Distortion", that's it. I find it annoying that I'd forgotten the proper word for it. Thanks! :))     machoboy— True enough, which is why I mentioned that my opinion ought to be taken with a grain of salt. Not that I'm ever going to start building a serious collection of vinyl albums, mind you, not unless I suddenly win the lottery or something. As you mentioned, a person would have to spend an obscene amount of time and money (incidentally, the names...
Aaaand we're back to Vinyl v. Digital :/   Anyway, I've never tried vinyl personally, but as far as I can tell, hi-fi digital music sounds exceptionally good, even more so than the few 96/24 vinyl rips I've collected so far. Yes, I realize that it's not quite the same as listening to real vinyl, but considering the fact that a good vinyl setup is somewhat cost-prohibitive, it's the best I can hope for for now.    Anyway, the vinyl rips sound a bit "grainier" than...
Hey, that's an excellent idea! Wonder if it'd be too much trouble to ask whoever's in charge of the site (I have an extremely bad memory for names, so please excuse me) to modify it that way? If anything, though, there's the possibility of people abusing their voting privileges; happens often enough both in real life and online 
  Well, I doubt that this particular thread will ever have trouble running out of new material. After all, this is a thread about reactions to high-end rigs by people who aren't particularly inclined towards audiophilia. Considering how many people there are out in the world, and how many of them have never been exposed to hi-fi, it's no real surprise that there'd be a few notable reactions worth sharing with other people interested in this hobby.   For the record, the...
A few things: 1. I generally agree with you in that the HD280 is better than the DJ100, though the former has a bit too much bass for my tastes (auditioned the both of them a long while back, so I may be mistaken). 2. No one's saying that the M50s aren't any good, at least not based on how I'm reading the last few pages; people are just saying that they're overhyped and that there are a lot of contenders that outperform them, price notwithstanding.  3. No need to call BS,...
One last thing: Though this may just be me misinterpreting things, the reason behind my thinking up that little monologue was because I'd thought some tempers were about to flare with regard to the ATH-M50 thing. Again, I could have just been putting emotions behind other people's words (bloody hard to tell someone's tone from an online forum, yeah?), so sorry in advance for being a bit of a busybody; the above was my first post here on Head-Fi in months, so I...