Posts by ElcomeSoft

Tried the Westone TruFit tips with my Brainwavz B's and they're good, don't get me wrong, but I didn't quite enjoy them and found them difficult to get a good fit/seal so they're consigned to the back burner for the moment (may self-mod them to see if I can make them more usable for me).   The Comply tips that they use are the 100 Series. I've had the T-series before and the B2's came with a set of T-100's which are good but I am wondering whether the Tx-100 versions...
 They come with a few sets of standard silicone tips and a pair of Comply foamies. With the savings I made I'd already ordered some Westone True Tips as I find the foam style tips to be really comfortable for longer listening. I have my own collection of assorted tips which I'll have a go with over the course of the weekend/next week. I'll certainly be trying out the Comply's and triple-flanges first. As for the EQ, excellent. I'll drop a couple of dB on that range and see...
Just got my Brainwavz B2's... 3 days from China to the UK, £61... cannot complain at all. They were at least 50% cheaper than everything else recommended around my query. They have been lauded as pretty darn good IEM's so why not save a bit of my budget and spend it on my family? They are quite fun but I do get that brightness on the higher end of the spectrum and I'm picking up on sibilance on . They're certainly enjoyable and I'll be tweaking and playing around with EQ...
 As my Mi-1's had a custom filter, different from the standard Mi-1's, I am not sure how to categorise them either :) Joker, as always, you go above and beyond what I expected to deliver experience, details and advice to provide assistance to people who pop in here. I'll spend a little while looking at the options you've put forward, check and compare prices (right now, the B2's are just over £60 which is at the $95 USD mark, seems tempting).  As I have just been helping...
 The left monitor in my Mi's developed a bit of a crunch/crackle noise on certain tracks (tried difference sources, different versions of the track ie. YouTube Vs. my own FLAC rip Vs. my own CD) and I returned them to Minerva. They said there was a bit of wax blockage in there and moisture ingress which dropped volumes by 4dB in that monitor, which was said to be 'barely noticeable' . £12 to remove the blockage, £137 for a part rebuild or £205 for impressions and full...
*sigh*   I am stuck.   My Minerva Mi-1 customs (absolutely fantastic in every day) have packed in and the repair cost for a single driver unit is just far too rich for my bank account and financial position for the foreseeable future so after over 2 1/2 years, I am on the hunt for a pair of quality universal IEM's.   And beyond this thread I have absolutely no idea where it is best to turn...   My last universals were the HeadDirect RE-ZERO's. Not much on the bass...
  Apologies for 'resurrecting' an older thread.   I'm possibly getting an HTC One X (International version, Tegra 3 Quad, no LTE) quite soon and already own a Fiio E11. Personally I no longer use my Fiio E11 with my HTC Desire S, mainly because it doesn't improve much with my Custom IEM's (Minerva Mi-1's) via the 3.5mm jack.   One of the things I thought I'd look into was the possibility of using the USB port to bypass the internal whatsits and make best use of my Fiio...
Odd I know. Most gamers will pick up a great set of cans and either use a desktop mic or hook up a boom mic to their headphones and benefit from the awesomeness of a headset without the compromises that most "Gaming Headsets" make.   For my gaming, I always used to use an over-the-ear Logitech USB headset. One cup on my left ear, mic on the left side, cable on the left side, right cup sitting behind my right ear, sounds belting out of my 5.1 system. When they died I...
I'm interested too. Tried looking and found next to nothing on the subject.
I thought so re: Digital but as I wasn't really 100% certain so I thought I'd ask.   Good to know I'm using the right outputs, although I am certain that I do not have my speakers set up 100% correctly via Windows/Receiver. Definitely something I know that I need to look into, after I've got my definitive yay or nay on a new soundcard.   The CMI8770 seems to be limited to a maximum output of 16-bit/48hz, which is more than likely suitable for the tasks at hand but I have...