Posts by ElcomeSoft

X1 arrived in the post tonight <3 My RE-400's are still only on ~15-20 hours use at tops so far but things can only get better as far as they're concerned. I've never had a standalone player since 2004 and this is such a nice piece of kit which cost me £62 inc delivery from MP4Nation Vs. £90+ from any other UK source. Granted, I had a decent sized MicroSD card from my phone so that wasn't an issue anyway. Difference isn't staggering or mindblowing. Without a reasonable...
Just received me RE-400 last night. Have them an hour in my ears and just based on that single hour of listening they absolutely flatten my B2's, being superior in multiple different areas. I think I'm just excited to be using something closer to my own sound signature preference and being back in the land of dynamic drivers where there's a bit more feel to music... but I left these "burning in" overnight at standard listening volume with my full 32gb wide and varied music...
Fiio X1 and RE-400A's on the way... 32Gb microSD that I use in my phone will find it's new home in my X1.   However!!!   Ebay... Seller has an HM-700 and RE-400 bundle. Likely to be the RE-400B's and it's a 16Gb player going for £111 at the moment.   Mind is flipflopping over grabbing the 16Gb HM-700/RE-400B combo and trying it Vs. the Fiio X1 once I get everything in   So much fun/torture, isn't it?
 Thanks again, |jjoker|. I've got plenty of tips left over from my Brainwavz B2's, old Meelec  tips from my Dad and triple flange Ety's. Might also have some Sony Hybrids left too. Plenty of choice. At the end of the day I went for a pair of RE--400A's and a Fiio X1. About 2 thirds of the price of a 32Gb HM-700 and RE-400B bundle and expandable if I want a larger MicroSD.  Might not be everyone's choice but working within a budget and sound signature is a challenge unique...
 Thanks |joker| once again for your guide and advice. I've put a support ticket in to MP4Nation to see if I'm still in warranty and see if they can do anything for me. The two RE-400's I can see are £55-60 and are both overseas which means I may get thumped by tax and handling charges when they come into the UK. Or I could pay about £80 from a UK vendor and have no additional charges but that takes them into the GR07 classic and R3 price ranges. Might find an eBay seller...
*sigh*    The day has come where my Brainwavz B2's have gone the journey. The left monitor has just gone silent and no amount of cable wiggling can illicit any sort of response.   Yes, they were harsh and sibiliant and difficult to tame in some tracks even with a clean output, decent DAC and EQ'ing... but I enjoyed them despite all of that... and I only paid £65 (Now the only pair I can find is over £165).   Even my other old favourite, the Hifiman RE-ZERO appears to...
Tried the Westone TruFit tips with my Brainwavz B's and they're good, don't get me wrong, but I didn't quite enjoy them and found them difficult to get a good fit/seal so they're consigned to the back burner for the moment (may self-mod them to see if I can make them more usable for me).   The Comply tips that they use are the 100 Series. I've had the T-series before and the B2's came with a set of T-100's which are good but I am wondering whether the Tx-100 versions...
 They come with a few sets of standard silicone tips and a pair of Comply foamies. With the savings I made I'd already ordered some Westone True Tips as I find the foam style tips to be really comfortable for longer listening. I have my own collection of assorted tips which I'll have a go with over the course of the weekend/next week. I'll certainly be trying out the Comply's and triple-flanges first. As for the EQ, excellent. I'll drop a couple of dB on that range and see...
Just got my Brainwavz B2's... 3 days from China to the UK, £61... cannot complain at all. They were at least 50% cheaper than everything else recommended around my query. They have been lauded as pretty darn good IEM's so why not save a bit of my budget and spend it on my family? They are quite fun but I do get that brightness on the higher end of the spectrum and I'm picking up on sibilance on . They're certainly enjoyable and I'll be tweaking and playing around with EQ...
 As my Mi-1's had a custom filter, different from the standard Mi-1's, I am not sure how to categorise them either :) Joker, as always, you go above and beyond what I expected to deliver experience, details and advice to provide assistance to people who pop in here. I'll spend a little while looking at the options you've put forward, check and compare prices (right now, the B2's are just over £60 which is at the $95 USD mark, seems tempting).  As I have just been helping...