Posts by HawaiiR

Thanks! I actually just ordered a pair of used Superluxe cans. We'll see how that experiment goes. For $30, it's worth giving it a shot to see how they sound. Maybe I'll try better drivers if this works out. 
Any suggestions?
Did you ever end up making that video you mentioned? I'm in the process of trying to fix a pair of Meze 88 headphones, and would love to know how your process went. Video would be wonderful.   I'm considering buying a pair of Samson SR850's and tearing those apart for the drivers - unless of course someone has a better suggestion.
Hey so did you ever get around to trying the drivers from the fostex headphones? I'm trying to repair a set of Meze 88 headphones, which were crap to begin with, but have had both drivers fail on me. Trying to find a way to do the same thing you are and with a decent set of speakers. Curious to try lunashops, but they don't have 50mm drivers at 32 Ohms.   Also considering buying a pair of Samson SR850's and stripping those to use the drivers on the Meze.   Curious how...
I'm sure it's a complicated answer, but I figured I would ask anyway. Is there anywhere I could find out more about replacing the drivers on my headphones? I have a pair of old Meze 88 classic headphones that broke on me years ago. The drivers on these were terrible to begin with, but the wooden cups on them are really nice. I'm wondering if any of you can give me recommendations on how to find replacement drivers. I'm not great at it, but I think I can figure out the...
Thanks Aesch! I was hoping not to have to solder anything, as I'm not great at it, but since these headphones are old and falling apart anyway, I suppose it's worth giving a shot. Thanks for your tips. Greatly appreciated!
So I purchased a Belkin bluetooth audio reciever/interface, and wow is the sound quality bad. I know bluetooth degrades audio quality, but I didn't realize how much. What types of better options are out there? I've been taking a look at some sono's products, but any other suggestions?
  You should try and contact the company. Maybe they'll replace it as they did with mine. However, mine had issues right out of the box. Good luck!
Recently in the market for one, mostly to do band and dj set recordings via in the line-out of the Allen & Heath mixing board. TASCAM, Edirol and Nagra Audio were all recommended, although the Nagra Audio is a bit out of my price range.  Any suggestions?
and this is why I absolutely LOVE the head-fi community! thank you! yeah I was worried that the 1694a cables would be a tad too thick and not too flexible. I think I need to purchase the LC-1's.   sadly, they've never picked up the 3 or 4 times that I've called (during what I think are their office hours) and not a single email response. i'll keep trying.