Posts by LugBug1

Ok my friend I'll pay the full 500c (cents?) for the Fisher :)
Yes I was reading about this recently in my classical music mag. Jazz pianist and former Technics engineer Michiko Ogawa is director of the new project.   It all looks very positive imo. I've always liked Technics.
Since I know you have the HD800 I'll have to add some NAD's in that list as well :) Great match with the Senn's. Try 3020 or 3225PE for size.  Most vintage amps that I've tried (see my profile) with the Senn's have sounded great with extra bass and fullness, but this 'wow effect' only lasted a while with me as I ended up wanting a more balanced sound whilst keeping the refined sweetness that only vintage amps have. The NAD's are better matched for impedance and don't have...
Colin Matthews - Debussy Preludes (orchestral arrangements) Halle, Mark Elder.     Matthews brilliant arrangements of Debussy's groundbreaking preludes could have been penned by Debussy himself. Incredible achievement in that respect.    Anyways, Debussy (as well as Prokofiev) is always nice this time of year.... They both have a child-like imagination and the music on this disc is a perfect example. 'Magical'!  
Love Prokofiev, love Argerich. Nice!!
I've never met a nice down to earth hifi salesman yet... On top of the body odour (yes they all have this as well) most of them would throw their Granny in for a quick sale. I'm a bit soft when looking for a deal and as a result I've bought 3 Granny's, two Mothers and a cat called Margaret over the years.... Best to buy off tinternet - much safer and easier!  
I love the Janecek quartets. You may also want to look into his opera - 'The cunning little vixen' is a wonderful introduction to his soundworld and very accessible. I have to agree here. I love going to the opera but if I know the story back to front I really don't need to see it in order to fully enjoy it in my own mind with headphones on.  Of course if it is an opera that I'm new to, I will do my best to see it or at least get familiar with story.  And even...
Haha, well said my friend (and I should love him in that respect!!). Yeah it may seem I'm picking on him tonight but its been a long time coming. :/ But no-one can say that I haven't put the time and effort in... !  
I don't either :) that was my point. And the word 'episodic' would be more appropriate if his symphonies made more sense as a whole (as well as the parts at times).  Yes, I should lay more claim to his songwriting which is much more focused/communicated and often very beautiful. Bare in mind I've heard all of the 'classic' recordings of the symphonies. And also own the box of 'best' versions on DG as well as emi's Barbiroli etc. Rattle got my attention with the 1st but....  
Sorry but I'm not a Mahler fan. There I said it! :D Boy have I tried to like him.... Sooo many purchases on the hope that I'd find an interpretation that makes me say.. "ah, now I get it!" but alas not. I'm still where I was twenty years ago with a great appreciation of a couple of his adagios and 1st movement of the 9th and 1st. Just don't see all the fuss!    Lots of ideas stitched together and then branded a whole, to put it crudely and ofcourse IMO!  Unlike Brahms...