Posts by LugBug1

They're all the same. The exact same dimensions and manufacturing processes. The only way one of these headphones can 'dodge the 6k bullet' is by a blunder in the manufacturing process.  I know you were using irony but .... 
Not a chance with todays market.. No need! 
It will be a planar or stat... No doubt!  Probs gonna be called Orpheus 2 or sumfin. And it will be priced accordingly.    My wallet rests easy... 
Couldn't have said it better myself. Yes all halls are different but being central is always an obvious bonus. Being near the front can be more exciting, but being further back can give you a more balanced surround sound, sometimes right at the back can sound great depending on the size of the hall. 
 and they get better and better :)
If I was looking for a new set of hp's for round the house and travelling etc where the HD800 are not practical I'd have a go at the NAD HP-50. I haven't heard them but from what I've read they might make a nice compliment to the Senn's as well. 
Well I've just spent the last 6 months with only one headphone... Had the HD800 a couple of years now and I have no want for another. Theres two good points in regards to what this means for me; 1. I've beat my 'buying headphones' addiction... 2. I have been able to put all my focus on the music recently - Not balancing a perfection in sound quality as well. I've also lived with my vintage NAD amps feeding them for many months too and have now completely stopped looking...
This is a lovely Schumann disc from the hands of Maria Joao Pires. She has only recorded a select number of works of Schumann and this is a bit of a shame imo. Her forte is normally Chopin and Mozart. Her touch is highly sensual and romantic and this works marvelously with Schumanns slower pieces. But I also like her energy and timing in the more bipolic parts. This comes highly recommended if you haven't heard it or want an introduction into Schumann's piano world. I've...
Lookin good! 
Two of my favorite Elektra's..   This one is always a surprise for anyone who hasn't heard it me thinks. Ozawa probably wouldn't be anyones first choice for Stauss and its arguable that Behrens hasn't got what it takes for the role. Decide for yourself, but I think it works well. Ozawa conducts very cleverly, building tension slowly and bringing out a bit more light and shade in the score rather than going all out bombastic as some conductors approach this fiercest of...