Posts by LugBug1

^You can never give these enough power ime, they soak it up haha   Just be careful what you wish for if you are selling your 650... (They are all about the music and a great hp)   However, the headphone I would recommend for you, if you are a fan of both AKG and hd600/650 is the HD800. It is on another level, and whatever amp makes your current Senn's happy will be fine with them.    Lots more money, but I'm only saying this because I bought a lot of headphones...
Its soo long ago that I had the 650's it would be unfair for me to use them in any comparison now.. ~Other than I loved them (for 5-6 years!)  But in regards to the bass, which is my only real beef with the k712. It is just far too much for my ears.. Makes them sound 'boxy'. I also know what you mean with the hd600, as the bass is defo not their strong point, apart from in respect to balance. I'm finding that after lowering the bass on the K's that it is very tight and...
And 3 more from this weekend... Including a Swan standing on one leg. Very clever I thought :)          These 3 are vivid jpegs out the d90 with a few slight adjustments. Still love this camera.  
I'm starting think that I'll be keeping both the 712's and HD600.    My music preferences are mostly classical and jazz. The Senn's are brilliant with orchestral music especially with the more open/free sound and incredible tone. The AKG's really excel in their sense of space - ensemble music and Jazz benefit from this. The K712's have much more depth than their siblings and the tonality is very, very good now. Acoustic instruments come across authentically and with a...

Been meaning to try these since they emerged, so I snapped some up this week since the price has now dropped a bit. Always been a fan of the KXXX series and have owned quite a few including early K701.   So, what do I think of these?    Well they're very bassy! The treble is lovely. Still a nice bite but no nasal annoyance at the lower end. There is much more depth to the image and as has been mentioned many times the soundstage is more balanced.     But that bass......
Hah no problem thanks anyway :)

Bit of fun with the D90, 35mm and some merged jpegs.      Dancing with the Stars..
Anyone who is yet to appreciate the greatness of Hummel (1778-1837) could do worse than this recording.