Posts by LugBug1

Yeah thats who wrote the goldberg variations bud :) The god of music! 
When you gaze long into an Abyss the Abyss also gazes into you your wallet!   just sayin... 
Heres a recommendation for those who are both new to Bach's Goldberg Variations and those who are very familiar with the classic recordings from the likes of Perahia, Gould, Schiff and Hewitt to name a few.    Give this one a chance as it just gets better and better as it goes. It really is an astounding performance and I never thought I would hear a performance that was better than all of the above names. You can't pigeon hole it or label it. It is neither too lyrical-...
Yup thats defo a bargain buddy. Regarding the channel imbalance, 95% of the time this is due to dirty controls but if you've already cleaned them... I would clean them again. Any of the pots/switches could be the cuprite so never assume its only the balance or volume. Also make sure you clean the headphone out as well, gently with a cotton bud or a fine art paint brush can be useful. When you hear the channel imbalance, try all of the buttons and controls and see if this...
Hey guys I'm pleased you're enjoying the NAD sound :)  
Good call ^^^ 
Hey D, good to see you here.  Two of the most famous Cello concertos are Dvorak and Elgar's. Maybe try these and see how you get on :) These two below would be my recommendations for newcomers based on classic performance and SQ.   
 Mine is 21*** and according to the graph - flatter than yours around the 6k mark. IMO there really isn't any evidence of FR change in newer models. The variables involved when measuring are.. well, too variable! :D  In other words; apart from the usual minute variances in production - They all sound the bloody same!!   
And while we're on the subject of Bach.. The Brandenburg Concertos are some of the greatest music ever written. (Yes I do like my rhetoric statements :) And so with this in mind you will need a good recording. If you happen to stumble across these great works via the hands of a conductor with a new ideology or is perhaps more suited to conducting Bruckner then you may very well be put off listening to them again and ultimately lose out on a world of beautifully rich music...