Posts by lee730

I hate you ;)... That would be great for gaming.
Well you paid close to $2000 for your SE5. So why not go with a bang ;). If Im gonna pay that kinda money for the IEM or headphone you can bet I wanna get its full potential.
 No problem and you do have a point. The more tracks you have the longer it will take. But remember I said earlier I had 2,500 FLAC files on a 64 GB card at one point loaded into my Studio 3rd ANV and it took about 40 to 45 secs to boot :). So there is room for improvement just you'd have to figure out what is causing the longer load times. But it seems you are quite happy as is. Just FYI is all :).
The AK120-S mod will run you around $1,800.00. Then you have to get a good amp for it. So well over $2,000.00. But factor in it pretty much kill all other portables/semi portables. You'r limiting factor in this setup in most cases will be the amp you pair with it.   BTW the DACport LX with T1 amp is in no comparable to the DACport LX, Triad L3 and Firestone PSU combo. Totally different levels of audio quality. Takes it from a portable rig to desktop quality. Just depends...
 Oh wow... So they did put the new firmware on there? Don't know why they'd do that? I would have sold my unit honestly with how the UI was working on the new firmware.... So the boot time was impacted as well. Hmm 74 seconds isn't too shabby compared to 3+ minutes. But I'd still be bitching loading at 20 seconds tops (I'm just impatient like that ;).
 Triad L3 with Firestone PSU. The DACport LX is a Class A DAC. It was no until I paired the Triad L3 and Firestone PSU to the LX did I realize its full potential. That is an $800+ dollar amp and add in the PSU which would cost you over $200 (Triads own PSU). I think around $250 or so. That is roughly $1,100+ to get the most out of this DAC. I just don't see the ODAC comparing in terms of scalability. Now if you are going to skimp on the amp section well then you have a...
Could have something to do with the USB implementation and the jitter impacting the sound?
 The SE5 is very much colored itself. It does have a sound signature that does lean towards the neutral side in many respects. But its overall sound is still very much colored. It's sound staging though is quite accurate in that it presents a truly out of head sound staging with pinpoint accuracy. Regarding the O2 and ODAC, sorry I think they are very overhyped. Yes they are a good value for the money but there is a lot better to be had IMO. There's much more to it than...
 I have to agree. While you can get sound out of it (lol) there is much more to it than just that. Otherwise you could just stick to apple ear buds :).  If you can get your hands on a Rocoo BA it will pair very well with the SE5. Of course the SE5 can scale even higher. But most people won't go that far for portables. With the BA you'll be getting a lot more out of the SE5 than say a clip or apple. I actually use the BA daily. They are scarce to find now though. I say...
 You have bigger issues at hand if you were to be listening to them that loud in the first place. I'd say you'd be damaging your ears if they were making enough external noise to be bothersome to someone next to you....