or Connect

Posts by lee730

lol maguire :P.
 Must be...  
 I'm surprised you didn't sell it having that pos firmware on there ;). I would have slammed it against the wall if I was stuck with that lol. :P
If your tags are in order (you can check out my tag guide here on headfi) the Studio shouldn't be too much of an issue to use. There are some quirks that I really don't like such as going back to the main menu instead of just going back into the folder view. If they fixed this I would really have no qualms with the unit. Well it would be nice for it to keep all your settings such as random play.   The DX100 also has it quirks but in terms of UI it is more versitile and...
Well if your IEMs are on the warmer side with smooth treble as I had mentioned you just may very well really enjoy how the Studio pairs with your IEMs. I felt the Studio paired extremely well on the Sennheiser IE80s which is generally a laid back IEM with a vast sound staging. The Senns have extremely smooth treble and lots of bass. The Studios thinner note weight and extended treble  paired very well. The immediacy in the vocals also really helped the Senns out.
 lol must be the name ;)...
Then you might like the DX100 pairing better.  How do your sm64s sound? I've found the Studio to pair very well with warmer headphones with smooth treble. The Studio has wonderful vocals. Some of the best I've heard in any DAP.
 The DX100 has a thicker note weight to it. Both are quite detail oriented. The DX100 would have a more natural sound IMO. The Studio V will have a colder sound which is overall more analytical. Both players have great air but really the Studio totally outclasses the DX100 in the air department, it is very airy. This in part would explain the players lighter note weight. What IEMs will you be using with these devices? Depending on the signature I might be able to give you...
 Hmm you really got lag from the playlists? I had over 200 playlist (some with 50 or more tracks in each) and it was not laggy. Just the fact that you can simply sync playlists is crappy though...
 Maybe your album art it too big? Make sure they are 500X500 max.  @burtomr I mentioned above I do not have issues going back a song or going forwards on 1.32. I don't have to pause to do this... It is an issue on 1.37.