Posts by lee730

lee730   offline16,580 Posts. Joined 1/2011 Location: Hawaii
 I originally came here to compare between the Sure SE530 and the IE80. The IE80 grabbed me and it was it from there... Now @ Spiral Ear SE5, Tralucent Ref. 1, JVC FX850, Flat 4 Sui :P.
 Go for Tralucent Ref. 1 ;)...
 Oh ok. Was wondering lol. Also curious if a modded unit would be an upgrade over the older modded units.... The X5 pairs really well on the Ref. 1. I put it on EQ Flat and really does the trick. Can't complain for its pricing.
Did they change the 100? I thought it was pretty mediocre sounding when I had it and that was RWA modded as well.... Studio V 3rd ANV smashed it IMO in terms of sound quality alone.... I am a bit curious to hear the Catlyx or whatever you call it with the Suis (a friend might lend me his unit for a while). Also looking forward to Hisound revising the Rocoo players. But really wanted them to release the Master.
 Hmm I wonder is it even worth doing that? Does that impact the sound? I opted for single ended as I figured there are far better single ended amps than the balanced overall. So it would be a limiting factor to this unit.
Had?
So far I have about 55 hours on the Ref. 1... It is hard to believe how much this IEM is changing.... I've never heard an IEM change this much before. That includes the severity and how often it has changed. The bass right now seems very controlled and extremely deep. Most definitly never heard an IEM reach that deep and with such authority. Sounds absolutely amazing out of the AK120 S-Mod on EQ flat.
If you like the AKGs youll most likely like the 1Plus2.
 You need to hear Tralucent then.