Posts by lee730

Just looking over your post and seeing him mention FX850 (lol). The Ref 1 does share some similarities with the FX850 as well. Definitely has more clarity though, bass can be a bit more than FX850 with a heavy seal (too much for my tastes). With a light seal it works great. The Ref. 1s seem to hit very low and with such authority. Can be a bit distracting (in a good way).
 I think the Ref 1 is a good all-arounder and probably a bit more versatile than the SE5. It will sound better on classical as well. I still give the nod to the SE5 though for purely rock but the Ref 1 does a very good job at it also with a bigger presentation. The SE5 sounds more intimate but has a way of changing its sound staging quite a bit from track to track (even though it is still intimate). I kinda got more of this effect on the 1Plus2 just on a grander scale. I...
Maybe some similarities to 334 but still rather different. The SE5 has a bigger staging than 334, better separation, lacks the treble spikes the 334 has, bass is more controlled and not as slow sounding. The SE5 has a more neutral sound IMO when compared (going from memory). If you love rock music SE5 just kills it :). Really does well with music that has lower dynamic range apparently. Makes it sound more separated while still being integrated seamlessly. In a sense the...
 The signature is still very much Tralucents house sound but it does take an approach more in the direction of the Spiral Ear SE5 from what I'm hearing. Just quite a bit more spacious.
lol wow that is fat.... The chode of IEMs...
Wow twice as large..... Are they even bigger than SE5? Well my pair that is ;)...
To be honest doing so with the tips makes them more like the 1Plus2 than not... At least more in that direction from what I'm hearing. The key is having a light seal with these things. On 1Plus2 it was more ideal to have a tight seal. These it's not really necessary but easier to do lol...
  ;)... Nothing wrong with roasted-Sparrow....
I ran them in for about 15 hours so far. They did improve. Bass is more controlled and the sound has opened up. I'm finding them to sound better with the tips inserted at the tip of the IEM opposed to pushing to tip deep onto the base of the IEM (which I preferred with 1Plus2). Opens up the highs, staging and gives the bass more control.
What about "Opulent-October" :).