Posts by lee730

Um I highly doubt you'll be able to use the sleeves effectively on another IEM if it is custom built to specifically fit the IE80. What size tips do fit you the best? The spiral dot tips give me a very good seal with the best sound on the FX850s and the 1Plus2. Might be an option but they are pricey. At the price you are listing you could spend a bit more and get the FX850s (they come with the spiral dot tips) which is a clear upgrade over the IE80 or even go for CIEMs.
I wonder about that. @ $700 I would expect no hiss...
 I have to agree there. If the phone isn't very demanding then of course the benefit won't be huge. But then again depending on the synergy that itself can be huge.
The Suis tend to take a bit more juice. Average around 60 volume in normal settings. Quiet listening will go to 50 and below. Probably 35 or a little less while listening in bed. The SE5s don't take too much being CIEMs. Around 30s is good.
One of my favorite things about the X5 is how low the noise floor is on this unit. It really does contribute to the micro-detailing on the player. Yet it still has a smooth nature to it without being over the top. Really pairs well on the Ref 1 (I'm still on 1.0 firmware).
There's more to it than that though. I think people tend to oversimplify music in general. There are other characteristics inherent to different designs. Such as sound staging (depth, width), clarity, imaging, micro-detailing, quality of mids, bass and treble (control). Even on amp/daps where there is supposedly no coloration and the source if flat they still exhibit their own sound characteristics. Now whether or not it is better is totally subjective. I've long since...
 Sh*t... I hope not too. I am not a big fan of touch screen....
Interesting...
 I think toxic has some pretty nice cables for the IE80s. They are a bit more on the pricey side though. I got mine from zeroshoe on ebay when he use to sell pure silver cables. Was like $120 I think? Was definitely a downgrade in portability but I felt the sound it brought was worth it in the end. Depending on how much you might spend on a cable I would really suggest using that money towards and upgrade IEM such as the FX850 or Flat 4 Sui. While the IE80 is a great IEM...
 EQ has never worked for me. Would always end up constantly changing EQ and it would sound off at some point. Just taints the sound. Rather have a flat source that is highly resolving. IMO you won't get the same changes that a cable can bring vs EQ. I've tried, no go.