Posts by lee730

It does. The base of the case is made of a plastic mold.
 It's not necessarily about superiority. But what I hear from the Cirrus chips to my ears is not desirable. It's fatiguing and a flaw. The Chips used in my S-mod are Wolfsons flagship chips used in those high end DACs you talk about. Yes the ESS Sabre Chips are nice. I find it to be smoother sounding than the Cirrus chips no doubt. But it still gave me some fatigue uptop. I owned the DX100 for about a year and sold it off. I actually bought one of the first 10 units given...
Hmm I find they give me a very good seal on the FX850s and the 1Plus2 without giving that suction effect you mention. For me that is a plus as putting pressure on the ear canals isn't a plus.
Well I managed to find the 1.00 firmware. Gonna test it out now.   http://www.nt-global.com/index.php/de/fiio-electronics/fiio-musik-player/152-fiio-x5-mobiler-high-res-player
It's still quite expensive though. Considering it will be about $18.00 for 1 box and then you have to pay shipping from tenso.... Hopefully they will become available on amazon.com
Wait a minute.... H20 and I were just the men of honor @ soundbears wedding. :P. No need to be ashamed Sounbear. The truth shall set you free.    
 Mark, I think you should look into the real JVC tips. By far the best tips I've ever heard. I want to grab some from Japan but the shipping if a bit steep.... Never heard the 1Plus2 sound better. As for the FX850s :). Not to mention the best...
I think a big part if it is how revealing your gear is. I very much notice the difference from plugging in my silver cable to my AK120-S mod vs a standard  copper wire. The differences are rather apparent to my ears and not what I'd call very minor. It can be enough where I will not like the sound even...
Those tips make the 1Plus2 sound amazing. They are indeed the best tips I've used by far. Gonna have to order some from Amazon @ some point.
When I had 1.00 firmware I don't recall that happening though....