Posts by lee730

Cry me a river... The unit surely isnt perfect but IMO things are being blown way out of proportion. This coming from someone using the 1.0 firmware, which doesnt exhibit some of the issues mentioned on later firmwares.
 I'm on 1.00 and quite happy as is ;)...
So the FX850s and Suis go for sale? :P.
I have the 4. I'd probably have to agree with your assessment on the three. Although I feel the iphone4 does lack in resolution/detail compared to the other two. Seperation is also lacking on it compared to the other two IMO, with the Studio having the best seperation overall. The Fiio though has a slight edge in the micro-detailing IMO. The Fiio has a cleaner signal overall to my ears even over the iphone4. Though the Studio does lose out in that area due to the hiss. The...
I find my iphone4 to be a bit tilted towards the bass a bit personally. The most neutral DAP I've heard to date was the DX100 on 1.1.7 followed by SFLO2 via its LO.
Spacial positioning is rather accurate to my ears. Especially in FPS games. It gives you an advantage in game. I've had people call me wall hacker (well not like that hasn't happened before lol). But it is a pretty substantial advantage to have in game IMO.
 I don't use the 850s with the X5 as they don't pair well together to my ears. The AK120 S-mod brings me what you mention of distinction of each note, with powerful dynamics and spaciousness. But depending on if I want to take that to the extreme I'd then use the 1Plus2 or SE5 :). The 850s for me are more so for enjoyment and not focusing too much on the details. Not that they are not there though. I find the 850s to excel particularly in gaming.
 Yep that is one of the biggest issues I had/have. That is why I went back and rooted out most of the garbage music that I had from the early 90s to before then. There is good quality to be had in the originals. It is the remasters that are usually sh#t. I've only found a handful of remasters that were actually good, and had good dynamic range. That's a rarity to find today. But most of the music mastered in the late 90s til now, fat chance. You get what you get. Garbage...
Hmm that's interesting. Well we all do hear things differently :P. I tend to be sensitive to the upper mid and lower treble region. My pair of 850s haven't been an issue there. It actually fixed what I didn't like on the FX700s. There was too much recession in that area before and the treble was a bit hot and less refined. So you don't find the X5 to add emphasis in the upper mids with the amp or without? This is one of the very reasons why I find the Flat 4 Suis to pair...
 It can be a fun an rewarding experience though. Definitely opened my eyes some time ago.