Posts by lee730

Sony hybrid tips. Even on the MDR 7550s I found them to cut into the staging. Squishing the sound together making it narrower sounding. While accentuating treble spikes and bass quantity.    
 The hybrids have a way of accentuating bass IMO and not in a good way. It impacts the bass and treble. Kills the staging. Not that that applies to the fake tips. Haven't tried them. Generally fake tips will not give the same effect. I use the large grey silicone tips that came with the TF10s. I was able to order more of them from a store on amazon that stocks genuine UE parts. A bit spendy but they work the best by far with me on the Suis. Tips last extremely long. Pretty...
 I'm surprised by this. I considered the Kaedes bass to be a quite a bit less in quantity than the Ref 1... Actually a bit too bass light for my tastes. The Sui has more bass quantity than the Kaede. The Ref 1 still has quite a bit more bass IMO than the Sui. But not so mcuh where I'd call it muddy or congested. The tips definitely will play a role in this as will the source. I haven't been listening to the Ref 1s a tone lately. Mostly using the SE5 these days due to the...
Made the 1Plus2 sound so open and yet the soundstage is very balanced with focus. The fit with them otherwsie was alway a bit fiddly. But these tips help to maintain better seal.
Spiral dots rock if you get a good fit. I ordered a bunch from Japan (enough to last a lifetime amd free shipping Made the 1Plus2 addictive. (Darn typos) :-)
Honestly I think for more money. That's the bottom-line. :P
I think a huge part of the issue with having Grzegrz reshell the IEMs is for people not within Europe. It's simply not feasible. Also the asking price for reshells is still rather steep. These things will always serve as an obstacle. I bet you that is impacting his overall bottom line in a huge way. It limits his market.
 Are you gonna go for the new version? Wonder if I'd like a flatter SE5 ;).
 Did you get to try  the FX850s out? I really like them. And being they are around $270 that is a good deal IMO for what you get. How they image in game is pretty uncanny also. Feels like I'm not wearing anything.
 The S-mod gives you the best of both worlds. You have that ubber detail and that natural sound combined. I could imagine it combined with that amp of yours (sublime ;-).