Posts by lee730

The Sui for some reason is the IEM I can listen to the loudest without these issues (to a certain extent). But its treble is pretty aggressive still and has this bite to it but I think it's nice to be a little rough around the edges and still hold it together (being relatively smooth still). This adds to its dynamic sound. The SE5 is said to mirror the LCD 2 in many respects and actually bests it overall in sound staging and treble extension. I can't listen to that IEM...
 For me what keeps me from turning things up to much is faults I'll find in an IEM or piece of gear at higher volumes. Could even be in part that my ears will distort when things are too loud. Such as at events I'll hear crackling with is painful and irritating. It is like an automatic safety mechanism for me lol. Generally though with my IEMs and depending on the tracks, things will just come off as too forward and sound out of place to my ears. Such as bass becoming to...
 Hmm I tend to have that issue more with the Sui. With the Ref 1 depending on the tracks I turn it up more or turn it down. Just depends on what I feel it too loud or soft
 Would just have to sell a kidney then for the RWA240 ;)....
I just gave the Spiral Dot tips another go. This time using them on the very edge of the IEMs like I have been using the large grey TF10 flanges. Wow, I can't believe how good this sounds. Sound is very spacious both in sound stage width, height and depth.... I am very impressed so far. Listening to Adiemus "Songs of Sanctuary" =].
I'm curious to hear a direct comparison myself. But going off of opinions of fellow headfiers I trust I'm hearing the 901 with its upgraded amp card beat out the 240 in terms of sound quality. The AK100 S-mod beats out the 901 by a nice margin. With the 120 S-mod beating out the 100 S-mod by quite a margin as well. I'm doubtful the AK240 stock touches the S-mod. Of course people are going to opt for the better UI, storage, true DSD playback and luxury aspect of the 240. I...
Same here. Doesn't happen often but when it does it's annoying. Normally happens when I swap out cards.
 True testing is the best way to see. I find with the Flat 4 Sui, SE5, 1Plus2 and Ref 1 all really benefit from a good amp. Not that it's a requirement but to bring them to their fullest I think so.
 It depends. There are IEMs that do benefit from amping. It's not necessarily about volume but about the quality of the power feeding them and the control. With higher end IEMs this is definitely apparent.
 Honestly how accurate is that? Is it factoring in the sensitivity of your IEMs as well? I'd think it would vary depending on many factors not just the output dB rating of the device.