Posts by lee730

I think the unit is in no way perfect but it's very workable in terms of the UI. There are some bugs I'd like to be addressed still. But I am not sh*tting bricks about it. Overall I'm very happy with the unit as is. You think the UI is bad you should have tried the SFLO2. Would bring some perspective as to how far they've come.
 Especially with the X5 :). Flat 4 gets the most use out of all my IEMs.
 Are your large tips available? ;)
 I tend to find a signature to be dark when the bass is prominent without the treble and mids being in balance with that bass. The SE5 is not dark IMO. I do not consider warm to be dark either (kinda depends on the extreme of the warmth :P). The SE5 has a slight warmth to it, at least my pair does. It is definitely transparent and airy but I don't consider it extremely airy such as on the 1Plus2 or the Flat 4 Sui. The sound is thicker on the SE5 and due to that more...
I just love that the X5 has some sort of tagging even for WAV files. :)
 lol I made mine in the morning. I was like greed, just take my money right now ($1,700+ instant transfer) :P. Still don't feel bad about the SE5 purchase either.
It does. The base of the case is made of a plastic mold.
 It's not necessarily about superiority. But what I hear from the Cirrus chips to my ears is not desirable. It's fatiguing and a flaw. The Chips used in my S-mod are Wolfsons flagship chips used in those high end DACs you talk about. Yes the ESS Sabre Chips are nice. I find it to be smoother sounding than the Cirrus chips no doubt. But it still gave me some fatigue uptop. I owned the DX100 for about a year and sold it off. I actually bought one of the first 10 units given...
Hmm I find they give me a very good seal on the FX850s and the 1Plus2 without giving that suction effect you mention. For me that is a plus as putting pressure on the ear canals isn't a plus.
Well I managed to find the 1.00 firmware. Gonna test it out now.   http://www.nt-global.com/index.php/de/fiio-electronics/fiio-musik-player/152-fiio-x5-mobiler-high-res-player