Posts by lee730

To be honest doing so with the tips makes them more like the 1Plus2 than not... At least more in that direction from what I'm hearing. The key is having a light seal with these things. On 1Plus2 it was more ideal to have a tight seal. These it's not really necessary but easier to do lol...
  ;)... Nothing wrong with roasted-Sparrow....
I ran them in for about 15 hours so far. They did improve. Bass is more controlled and the sound has opened up. I'm finding them to sound better with the tips inserted at the tip of the IEM opposed to pushing to tip deep onto the base of the IEM (which I preferred with 1Plus2). Opens up the highs, staging and gives the bass more control.
What about "Opulent-October" :).
 Can't argue with that the IE80s do isolate better but not a whole lot better personally. They are an open design themselves just not as open as the FX850s :P. I think the JVCs are on par in terms of comfort with the FX850s. My ear eats them both up lol. But the IE80s sit more flush. JVCs are still very comfortable for me and easy to maintain the seal. IE80s definitely more durable overall. JVCs totally win though on appearance and finish. Something about that wood and...
If its under warranty have them do the RMA for you. Most likely just battery but you never know.... Maybe something could be causing the excessive drain besides just the battery itself. Maybe even the charging circuitry could be at fault.
 lol sounds scary...
Thanks, will do. Do any of you get a bit of an excessive seal with these on? The seal is quite a bit more substantial than the 1Plus2... Pulls off the Spiral dot tips when I take them out...
 Hmm I'm not sure about that. My pieces don't fall off easily though. I thought Gavin recommended using clear nail-polish lacquer? I used that on my Flat 4 Sui to re-seat the tubings. Did the trick :).
 That's too bad to hear....