Posts by lee730

lol good luck with that. Depending on where you are located you could be sh*t out of luck...
 I wouldn't worry about using it for this purpose. I'm sure you are fine either way. But I notice the X5 gets pretty hot while using it as a DAP and playing music while charging. I don't really know about the DAC function as I use my DACport LX over it. I just use it as a DAP.
I have to agree with you on this. Using a device while it is charging is really not good for the battery. It generates more heat which in turn can have an impact on other components in the device. I've still done this before though to speed up burn in of my IEMs....
 Then you might be in for a treat. Looking forward to your impressions. But keep in mind my 1Plus2 changed quite a bit before settling in. Even sounded worse during part of the burn in lol. The Ref 1 may very well be the same.
 I don't know. Then again I didn't use silver cable with the Tera, maybe that was the problem. I was using gold cable (might have tested with uber also). I didn't like the Tera and 1Plus2 pairing. I thought it sounded off especially in the mids... But it was a match made in heaven with SE5 for some reason... That's what gave me second thoughts about purchasing one. The Studio V 3rd ANV and 1Plus2 on old silver cable sounded superb. Also 1Plus2 with Spiral Dot tips on AK120...
 I'm a bit confused myself. But with 1Plus2 it is an IEM I would have to listen to at a lower volume than my other IEMs as it will get fatiguing. But the same applied to the AKG3003 and MDR-7550. I think it's in large part due to the volumes we listen at. They sound best to me @ medium to low volumes. Then again I think it is a good idea to do that with most of our IEMs anyways for our hearing's sake ;).
I'm currently using the large Grey TF10 silicone flanges to great effect. Gives a great seal without a vacuum seal. I am listening to Rob Zombie live and it sounds really good. Very realistic like you are there. Wyd4 if you are listening to live music or music with good dynamic range I think you will really like the Ref. 1. Just getting a good seal (as in not too tight or too loose) is the key.
 Just looking over your post and seeing him mention FX850 (lol). The Ref 1 does share some similarities with the FX850 as well. Definitely has more clarity though, bass can be a bit more than FX850 with a heavy seal (too much for my tastes). With a light seal it works great. The Ref. 1s seem to hit very low and with such authority. Can be a bit distracting (in a good way).
 I think the Ref 1 is a good all-arounder and probably a bit more versatile than the SE5. It will sound better on classical as well. I still give the nod to the SE5 though for purely rock but the Ref 1 does a very good job at it also with a bigger presentation. The SE5 sounds more intimate but has a way of changing its sound staging quite a bit from track to track (even though it is still intimate). I kinda got more of this effect on the 1Plus2 just on a grander scale. I...
Maybe some similarities to 334 but still rather different. The SE5 has a bigger staging than 334, better separation, lacks the treble spikes the 334 has, bass is more controlled and not as slow sounding. The SE5 has a more neutral sound IMO when compared (going from memory). If you love rock music SE5 just kills it :). Really does well with music that has lower dynamic range apparently. Makes it sound more separated while still being integrated seamlessly. In a sense the...