or Connect

Posts by lee730

I do not know if they revised the gold cable yet again? Would be the third revision if so? But I do have the original gold cable and the new one. The older one has a smoother sound IMO. More laid back, more textured bass (more reverb). The vocals are more forgiving and not as aggressive as it appear on the newer unit. Definitely more depth to its sound staging compared to the newer gold cable. The newer cable has a bigger staging, more detailed across the board. Depending...
Is anyone interested in picking up a pair of ref 1s? I'm gonna put mine up for grabs. I just purchased the 1Plus2s again. They are more to my liking and I regret selling them.
 That's too bad to hear :(. What tips do you use? The Spiral Dot tips work wonders for me. Have you given those a shot? Gives me the perfect fit and very comfortable for long listening sessions. I really liked that combo just finances at the time. Also didn't use them all the time due to the cable being delicate and cumbersome. Lol that's cool. I do regret selling them. :P Yeah, yeah :P.
I really miss the 1Plus2s. Debating on selling off the Ref 1 and going back. I got the perfect fit with them with the Spiral Dot tips. On the Ref 1 I tend to get vacuum seal. But what I liked about the 1Plus2 the most is how balanced they sounded to me with a perfect fit. Vocals aren't quite as upfront as the Ref 1s but I liked them nonetheless. Decisions, decisions :P.
 lol that's awesome. So you too also hear a difference when enabling gapless. It's weird but I generally keep gapless off due to this. I prefer the sound with it off. I agree it smooths out the sound a  bit when enabled.  It's not as defined which I do not like. And you hit it on the nose with 1.32 sounding dynamic vs the other firmwares. For me this is extremely important. Otherwise music will sound too congested to me and I am not focusing on the details vs having sound...
For me the biggest change on the s mod is the layering, spacial cues, accuracy of the sound staging and realism of instruments. This is in no way a small difference to my ears. I still very much enjoyed it on 1.4, less so on 1.42. But 1.32 its on an entirely different level when it comes down to it for me. I actually don't even want to use lesser gear even when the unit has lost its charge lol (X5). Thats not something I'm accustomed to. Edit: I have to admit the bass...
I have windows 7 and it also does not work on mu USB 3.0 ports. Its kimda bs if you ask me but thats just what it is... I doubt all my USB ports are 3.0 though on the Alienware Area51 R2. Tried both front amd back.
 There is no "true line out" on a stock AK120. It is all just from the amp section. Its a useless feature in reality... You would have to have your unit modded into an S-mod (or a similar mod if one exists?). The S-mod gets a pure line out signal from the upgraded dacs. But you would require an amp due to loosing the volume control.
 Burger World ;-)....