Posts by lee730

And how is the sound to you? I'm jelly lol
 I'm sure there are proxy services in the US like tenso ;)
 Might be an RMA on your hands....
Silver probably will help along with a brighter source. But the SE5 itself with its thick signature really isn't meant to be very sparkly to begin with. Not next to other IEMs I've heard at least.
Can you honestly expect something that is $350 to beat something that is a $1000+? The fact that it hits that high is very impressive. It's like guys on the FX850 thread expecting the 850 to compare to the 1Plus2 when in reality it doesn't at all.
 Mimouille did say the X5 gives about 80 to 85% of the 901s sound quality. They share a similar sound sig from what I was told. I don't consider the X5 to be better than the DX100 but it does hit pretty high and has a much better UI and smaller build.
 Let me guess on your reference 1 IEMS :P. That baby needs the S-mod ;).
You'll probably have to have it serviced by irver if the os was whipped. Unless someone can give you a copy of the os. Not sure if that is possible or not.
 Well I've never heard a bunch of CIEMs so I wouldn't know in that regards. But vs say the 1Plus2 and Flat 4 Sui the SE5 doesn't compare in dynamics IMO. This is in part due to the SE5s thicker sound which really won't allow for that due to this. The sound is overall more together, not sure is syrupy would be the word lol. That comes to mind though. In other words it just doesn't have that contrast that I desire.
 Hard to argue that point. But I wish it wasn't lacking in dynamics.