Posts by lee730

Yeah the files were average 230 MB and larger. The X5 says the files aren't supported which is pretty funny lol. I tried it on 1.00 1.2 and 2.0 so it is an issue across the board it seems. on 16 bit WAV files no issues. I didn't try the files in FLAC as I believe it will be an issue as stated earlier. You could be right about the file size playing a roll in this. Could be not enough ram on the X5 to account for the file sizes. Such a pity if that is the case though... If...
 I love this :).
 I'm gonna give it a test myself. Gonna load 12 tracks varying from 24/192 to 24/96 and will see if I get any stuttering in WAV. If not then you have your answer ;). I won't be surprised if it is so. Not that an updatted firmware can't possibly fix the issue. It could be a matter of fine tuning the firmware so that more cpu power is freed up. This was even the case on the DX100 when rooting it and removing extra junk. It allowed the player to work better and stutter less....
 Try make an extra set of files and convert those to WAV and see if it still stutters. If it doesn't then what I said above is the culprit.
Is the stuttering related to the card possibly? Not sure if it requires the faster cards such as class 10 cards? I haven't tried high res yet. Did you guys try and use those files in WAV format? Try give that a go and see if it stops the stuttering. Could be the fact that the X5 is having to unpack those files and that is causing the stuttering with the intensive cpu usage. I strictly use WAV and find that to sound better overall. While most wouldn't hear that difference...
Wheres my blue carrying case?
Cry me a river... The unit surely isnt perfect but IMO things are being blown way out of proportion. This coming from someone using the 1.0 firmware, which doesnt exhibit some of the issues mentioned on later firmwares.
 I'm on 1.00 and quite happy as is ;)...
So the FX850s and Suis go for sale? :P.
I have the 4. I'd probably have to agree with your assessment on the three. Although I feel the iphone4 does lack in resolution/detail compared to the other two. Seperation is also lacking on it compared to the other two IMO, with the Studio having the best seperation overall. The Fiio though has a slight edge in the micro-detailing IMO. The Fiio has a cleaner signal overall to my ears even over the iphone4. Though the Studio does lose out in that area due to the hiss. The...