or Connect

Posts by lee730

If you could find a viable option it would be nice.....
I was able to find a battery that came close to fitting but the case still would not sit flush. You'd most likely have to modify the case to allow for the extra room of a larger battery (ghetto). Vinnie had a battery left from a broken test unit. Just a warning folks be sure not to remove the battery from the board or you'll need to solder it to the board thereafter. I made that mistake on mine. Better to splice the replacement wires from the new battery I guess? Maybe...
 I was lucky enough to source a battery from Vinnie. They don't even make it feasible to find a working replacement battery for their products..... An amazing piece of audio equipment (with the mod) but horrendous customer service. Folks with the AK240 and up (AK 1 MILLION eventually) can look forward to this I'm sure.
 You ensure the # is correct. If he made a mistake on it he should indeed own up to it. Best bet it to reply to him via email once you have sent the wire with the same info he provided you and ask that he respond back to you to let you know he got the wire.
 I agree with you. Customer service is lacking. But he has his reason's for not accepting paypal anymore. He does not want to deal with the fees/taxes.
I havent tried testing between formats on these evos. I did however do so on the 64 GB sandisk cards. I also found it did sound slightly better that way compared to exFAT. But I still was not happy with the sound vs the the lower capacity cards. I have some key tracks that portray the flaws easily.
Let me know your thoughts when you get them in. I'm curious to hear your opinion.On a positive note I got amazon to compare to the $44.99 sale they had for a short period of time (probably like an hour lol). They refunded me the difference in pricing. Gotta love Amazon and their excellent customer service.
The Samsung EVO 128GB cards seem pretty good. I have to do more comparing but not as turned off as I was on the larger sandisk cards previously (lol). They were going for $44.99 earlier today on Amazon. They probably jacked them back up again. EDIT: Ok with a little more time comparing seems like the sound staging is just slightly more spread out. Not noticing the smearing of details like previously. I still think the music sounds a bit more focused and fuller sounding on...
 When I mentioned "anomalies" I meant it as in deviation from the expected norm. In this case I would expect there to be no difference in sound from 1 micro sd card to the other. But yet I still do (which sucks lol). The 128 GB cards you have are they Sandisk or Samsung? I was wondering if that might make a difference based on their specs (I've also heard from a few members noting slight differences in sound even with different brand cards with equal capacities)... But...
I agree. I went into this purchase knowing there was a risk. But a small one based on impressions from members here I trust. It happened to be the signature I wanted. Plus I wanted at least one CIEM. Really nice to have on airplanes and noisy environments.