or Connect

Posts by lee730

I really don't know what their intention was but I know they did get caught red-handed before doing something similar by withholding features from the Ak100 vs the 120... Eitherway it would be sick to be able to use the upgraded wolfson chips in hardware mode to decode DSD. Wishful thinking I know what I do know is that I've never had a source at this level before. Not even the DX100 compares to this....
The quality of the bass in Dark Side song was a dead give away for me. Once I noticed that I couldn't stop thinkimg about it and it annoyed me. I pretty much try to get the most out of my gear and even if subtle it all adds up.
You're evil Warren ;-)
 Funny huh? Wouldn't think they could differ that much. You hit it on the nose about lifelike. Sounds extremely real and I found myself looking around because the voices and imaging sounded so convincing on some of my favorite tracks. Garbage a stroke of luck is one of them (her first pressing of the album so good dynamic range too :). The Suis tend to be too aggressive for rock but it works quite well on the S mod for some reason. Just did some listening through the...
I'm curious which unit do you have a moded AK120 or stock? That's too bad about the sound of the 128 cards :(. Guess I'll pass.
 On pretty much anything you throw on it. If the track is bad it will make that very clear to you lol. The clarity is something else though.... I feel it makes all my music sound HD. For sound cards I've been using the 32 GB Sandisk cards. I have 64 GB ones but I do notice a difference and that bothers me lol. I haven't tried out the larger 128 cards due to this...
I'd have to agree with his post. They sounded pretty much the same to me. I still can't believe 1.32 sounds so good on my player it's like different leagues.
Same. Not sure but I see this change in sound as night and day. I cannot see how no one could notnotice this change. However I am refering to a modded Ak120. The S mod with upgraded LO.
Nice they are still supporting this product. I tried the firmware out but still prefer 1.32 by far for sound. Love my S-mod :)
 A Porta Potty would be closer in value ;)