or Connect

Posts by lee730

lol that's awesome. So you too also hear a difference when enabling gapless. It's weird but I generally keep gapless off due to this. I prefer the sound with it off. I agree it smooths out the sound a  bit when enabled.  It's not as defined which I do not like. And you hit it on the nose with 1.32 sounding dynamic vs the other firmwares. For me this is extremely important. Otherwise music will sound too congested to me and I am not focusing on the details vs having sound...
For me the biggest change on the s mod is the layering, spacial cues, accuracy of the sound staging and realism of instruments. This is in no way a small difference to my ears. I still very much enjoyed it on 1.4, less so on 1.42. But 1.32 its on an entirely different level when it comes down to it for me. I actually don't even want to use lesser gear even when the unit has lost its charge lol (X5). Thats not something I'm accustomed to. Edit: I have to admit the bass...
I have windows 7 and it also does not work on mu USB 3.0 ports. Its kimda bs if you ask me but thats just what it is... I doubt all my USB ports are 3.0 though on the Alienware Area51 R2. Tried both front amd back.
 There is no "true line out" on a stock AK120. It is all just from the amp section. Its a useless feature in reality... You would have to have your unit modded into an S-mod (or a similar mod if one exists?). The S-mod gets a pure line out signal from the upgraded dacs. But you would require an amp due to loosing the volume control.
 Burger World ;-)....
 You're welcome. I just call it how I hear it. And I am not one to fool myself into thinking I am hearing something when I am not :).
  Nothing wrong with that at all :). At the end of the day it comes down to what suites our needs. I wonder what firmware that RWA was on at the time you auditioned it though. Upon getting my unit serviced when I got it back I was confused as it didn't sound nearly as good to me as I had recalled. It actually upset me. I mean it sounded really good still but not that lively (energetic), dynamic and realistic presentation. That is something I could never forget. I am...
I'm surprised you never got your unit moddified. They really aren't comparable at all after the mod. Not even close. I'd love to hear it through that amp lol.
Be sure to do a manual reset before giving it a listen. The DX100 was also known to keep settings/anomalies from different firmwares if you did not do a reset. I just do this to be safe.
I really don't know what their intention was but I know they did get caught red-handed before doing something similar by withholding features from the Ak100 vs the 120... Eitherway it would be sick to be able to use the upgraded wolfson chips in hardware mode to decode DSD. Wishful thinking I know what I do know is that I've never had a source at this level before. Not even the DX100 compares to this....