Posts by lee730

Micah. Good stress reliever.
 I did like them for rock a bit. Same for the Sui. But a lot of the time Rock music just gets too aggressive with them. The SE5 is by far the best IEM I've heard for rock.
Turtldo or not turtldo...
The uber was something on the 1Plus2. Never tried it on the Ref 1. I bet it would yield a nice effect.
 I think they have some tip options available with silicone and foam stuffed inside. But the main option of hybrid tips don't include foam just silicone from what I recall? I still have the extra large ones. Haven't found anything they were worth using on though...
Sony hybrid tips. Even on the MDR 7550s I found them to cut into the staging. Squishing the sound together making it narrower sounding. While accentuating treble spikes and bass quantity.    
 The hybrids have a way of accentuating bass IMO and not in a good way. It impacts the bass and treble. Kills the staging. Not that that applies to the fake tips. Haven't tried them. Generally fake tips will not give the same effect. I use the large grey silicone tips that came with the TF10s. I was able to order more of them from a store on amazon that stocks genuine UE parts. A bit spendy but they work the best by far with me on the Suis. Tips last extremely long. Pretty...
 I'm surprised by this. I considered the Kaedes bass to be a quite a bit less in quantity than the Ref 1... Actually a bit too bass light for my tastes. The Sui has more bass quantity than the Kaede. The Ref 1 still has quite a bit more bass IMO than the Sui. But not so mcuh where I'd call it muddy or congested. The tips definitely will play a role in this as will the source. I haven't been listening to the Ref 1s a tone lately. Mostly using the SE5 these days due to the...
Made the 1Plus2 sound so open and yet the soundstage is very balanced with focus. The fit with them otherwsie was alway a bit fiddly. But these tips help to maintain better seal.
Spiral dots rock if you get a good fit. I ordered a bunch from Japan (enough to last a lifetime amd free shipping Made the 1Plus2 addictive. (Darn typos) :-)