or Connect

Posts by lee730

That is true. Of course I do focus on these things as its a part of the whole experience. Otherwise I would not have spent all this money on it :). I aim to maximize performance and doing something as simple as drying the SE5s weekly (sometimes less than that lol) will help to ensure their optimal operation and prevent issues due to humidity or sweat build up in the tubes. These units do not have the filters like most other CIEMs.
  Um I don't entirely agree with this. In Hawaii we also have some high humidity and it does impact my SE5s sound signature with prolonged usage without putting it the hearing aid dryer. I notice the sound starts to smooth out. Detail starts to get lost.
My canal shape is also a bit strange. Got interesting comments from both Gregorz and Dr. Moulton :P.    
 My only issue with custom's is it is not as comfortable to wear for long periods of time generally next to a universal fit. I can't honestly say I've ever forgotten I was wearing my CIEMs (well if you count falling asleep then possibly lol). I have forgotten having universal in before (such as the suis). But yeah when it comes to getting a seal a CIEM is generally superior.
 I found the Ref1 to give a vaccum seal which is uncomfortable and also messes up its sound. While on the 1Plus2 I get a perfect seal without such issue. The better the fit with the 1Plus2 the better its overall sound, especially its bass. With the Ref 1 too much of a seal and the bass appears to be a bit boomy depending on the tracks. Still too much bass for my tastes overall.
 No doubt. Also wanted to note I didn't get the full potential out of the 1Plus2 until I got those Spiral Dot tips. Gave me perfect fit and a fit that would stay in place when moving around. What popped out at me the most out of all the improvements with the tips is the spacial cues of the sound staging as well as the bass.
 The SE5 has a thicker note weight to its sound. It's more beefy. Treble is smoother. I'd say it doesn't pop out at you like it would the 1Plus2. It's an IEM that grows on you with usage. I love both. I still say 1Plus2 on my first AK120 S-mod was my perfect sound. Hoping to get it again once I get the 1Plus2s in hand ;). The SE5 has a more closed in presentation compared to the 1Plus2. But it excels in depth of its sound staging. That is what makes it quite unique....
 I do not know if they revised the gold cable yet again? Would be the third revision if so? But I do have the original gold cable and the new one. The older one has a smoother sound IMO. More laid back, more textured bass (more reverb). The vocals are more forgiving and not as aggressive as it appear on the newer unit. Definitely more depth to its sound staging compared to the newer gold cable. The newer cable has a bigger staging, more detailed across the board. Depending...
Is anyone interested in picking up a pair of ref 1s? I'm gonna put mine up for grabs. I just purchased the 1Plus2s again. They are more to my liking and I regret selling them.
 That's too bad to hear :(. What tips do you use? The Spiral Dot tips work wonders for me. Have you given those a shot? Gives me the perfect fit and very comfortable for long listening sessions. I really liked that combo just finances at the time. Also didn't use them all the time due to the cable being delicate and cumbersome. Lol that's cool. I do regret selling them. :P Yeah, yeah :P.