Posts by sml1226

I normally prefer the warmer sound, despite my musical tastes. Screeching metal isn't really interesting to me, I prefer analog recordings to most modern stuff (f.e. Metallica did Death Magnetic in digital recording and it sounds terrible compared to older recordings). This warmth is somewhat negated by being a CD rather than an LP. But digital recordings have the harsh sound brought out more on a CD IMO. So, I'm somewhat interested in warmer phones. But I could also get...
I've constantly heard people say that... how would you describe the "Grado sound" I've never really got a good description of it, yet I always hear about having the "Grado sound" when they change something or "improve" something. Like reading about SR60i/80i. Everybody says it still has the Grado sound of the originals.
My current Sony's are probably $30 phones and they're just not cutting it for me anymore. I can listen to them when I want better sound than my junk earbuds, but they usually get ignored because my speakers are somewhat better for at home listening than the Sony's. I'm definitely looking for more than what I have. And the $100 phones will probably be dragging me from my speakers a lot more often than the Sony's ever have. And like I said, I can tell a lot of the higher...
I'm looking for something to listen to with my iPod. I'm definitely getting an amp if I get any decent phones, almost definitely LOD as well. All of my music is either 320Kbps MP3 or in the process of being re-ripped/re-downloaded. Actually it's all being done as FLAC and then converted in iTunes until Apple supports FLAC or figures out a better compression of ALAC (my entire FLAC library doesn't take up nearly as much as what the ALAC one was starting to...