or Connect

Posts by sml1226

You can ground a shield to the ground of the TRS, just don't tie it down on the other ends, just float it. That way any interference is only present in the return line and, better yet, at the end of it. You could put a ferrite bead at the plug to help deal with the EMI/RFI making it back to the plug as well if you were worried about that.I prefer to just get a nice braid over dealing with shields though, so while that works, I've never felt the need to do it.
It's a ton of liquify on a screenshot of the last episode of FLCL. There's a weird Karate Kid/big headed bird thing going on in my mind when I see it. I don't see any use other than an avatar for it.
A lot of the charm of vinyl, to me, comes from not having that feature and having to keep an eye and ear on your gear and enjoy playing as much as listening.This ties into the whole "am I an audiophile or not" argument. Personally, I have no interest in extreme detail and absolute precision in the reproduction. I want an enjoyable musical experience, with enough detail and dynamics to fully accomplish that, but no so much I am trying to pick out a cough in the audience of...
True, they're significantly harder to find in many cases though.
Cocoa Puffs are fine to buy "generic" but don't you try and say my Frosted Flakes are the same as the generic ones!! I don't want some busted up flakes with no frosting even on them!My point is, there's only so far you can take the "don't buy into advertising" mentality before the better product is actually the one that is advertised better as well. I have an LG HDTV. LG advertises quite a bit for all of their products, and I have to say it is one of the best out there for...
I have a source for plenty of wood, but no sheuda as far as I know. I could probably try them out for you, but none of the wood I have or have access to would match it. If you want me to try it with what I have or have access to some sheuda yourself, PM me and I'll try to figure out what I can do there. It's still questionable right now for multiple reasons, I don't have any way to test it myself at the moment though. I know a lot of things are easily done like this with...
I could probably make a set, but I need to get some measurements as to thread sizes, ODs, etc. to do it all. I don't have any plugs lying around right now to measure myself and I'm not entirely sure the wood I have is best suited for turning at that size being brittle in smaller pieces like it is. If anyone has some measurements for the critical parts I'll see what I can do with it anyway and how useable they would be without either being giant blocks or really fragile....
Love the look of those plugs on that copper. Silver may sound better to some, but it can't pull off a lot of plugs like copper can in terms of visual appeal.For those looking for a tutorial, I'll repost one that was mentioned a few months ago.http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/howtos/8strand1.htmHe also has 3-6 strand braid tutorials there too for people interested. The link is to the 8 braid since it was requested.
y1 is ~$100 with an simple blank case. Opus is ~$250 or so for USB and S/PDIF with no case. It's basically not even a kit from Twisted Pear though, just connect the boards to each other. The DAC would likely be my primary DAC, but I do just want to build one more than anything. I'm open to a good DAC that's already done if there's something good for the price out there though. The Bifrost and Rega DAC both claim 24/192 on the optical input though... so what are they...
They do (or did) and nobody liked it. Look up the Rega Ear.