Posts by sml1226

Well you could always build one for about the same if not less than that using great parts (unless you want an OPA627 or something... in which case the op amp is nearly the cost of that amp). Then you know what you're getting... and you got to eat the mints too The way I see it, that's half the point of a CMoy nowadays. It's a very simple circuit that you can learn from and it's not the end of the world if you do screw it up. Though about all you can screw up if it's...
If you want to do a little DIY, you could make a LOD to RCA cable with no intermediate steps. Just run 2 ground wires rather than 1 that you could do with a TRS, and connect the RCAs as usual after that.
This thread moves way too fast... missed close to 300 posts since I last checked in. Nice stuff there Zombie. DBZ is one of the few styles I can reliably capture myself, and it's only reliable in drawing males. Recently came to the conclusion I simply suck at modern anime though, so good job with the other stuff as well. Off to work on getting some new art styles going for me as nothing's really fun to draw in my current style any longer. Anyway... hopefully I can keep...
Somebody made a pair "semi-open" by putting something behind the grill that was not solid, not sure what it was, but it was similar to felt. They liked it, but I'm not sure what other mods had been done, and I'm not sure if anybody else tried it later.
Not sure if there is any real direction or if there are multiple conversations just heading in every direction here... so I'll ask a question unrelated to all of them Anybody read/watch Deadman Wonderland? In love with the series right now myself and really looking for a translation that doesn't suck half the time (some of these fan translations are really odd...), so I'm considering buying all of the English manga that's available then picking it back up as they get...
My sister did something like that to her earbuds. Not sure how she did it, but it was tighter than that and spiraled up the cable. I wouldn't do it to any of mine, but it doesn't look bad by any means.
You can ground a shield to the ground of the TRS, just don't tie it down on the other ends, just float it. That way any interference is only present in the return line and, better yet, at the end of it. You could put a ferrite bead at the plug to help deal with the EMI/RFI making it back to the plug as well if you were worried about that.I prefer to just get a nice braid over dealing with shields though, so while that works, I've never felt the need to do it.
It's a ton of liquify on a screenshot of the last episode of FLCL. There's a weird Karate Kid/big headed bird thing going on in my mind when I see it. I don't see any use other than an avatar for it.
A lot of the charm of vinyl, to me, comes from not having that feature and having to keep an eye and ear on your gear and enjoy playing as much as listening.This ties into the whole "am I an audiophile or not" argument. Personally, I have no interest in extreme detail and absolute precision in the reproduction. I want an enjoyable musical experience, with enough detail and dynamics to fully accomplish that, but no so much I am trying to pick out a cough in the audience of...
True, they're significantly harder to find in many cases though.