Posts by sml1226

Mounting pickups like that (covers, blackouts, etc.) is a massive pain in a HH Strat pickguard. I can see why they're uncommon. Waiting on some more parts to get my passive EMG setup going properly.
If your physics class was like the one at my high school, they barely touched impedance. That is what we're dealing with here. Low impedance demands more current, high impedance demands more voltage. That's not to say you can't get a pair of 600Ω headphones that need more current than a pair of 250Ω headphones, it's just a rule of thumb when looking for things to match what you have or what you'll be getting.An iPod alone can pretty easily power most 16-70Ω phones as well...
It's much easier to find a (close to) perfectly flat and really neutral speaker rig. That doesn't mean they don't sound lifeless and boring. Million dollar setups are put together where the room is treated to make it as small a factor as possible in whatever negative aspects there were and as large a factor as need be in the positives. When it is available, and people are willing to spend $1M+ and not have a perfectly neutral room, I think it gives some indication that...
If you want TC, PM him or check out his ebay shop. If you're open to whatever, there are plenty of non-TC solutions as well. I'm not trying to turn you away from Frank's cables, just saying he's going to push his because, well, that's business, but no MOTs can talk cables here on the boards. You're only going to see so much of your options by asking a MOT directly, other people can recommend whatever they like since they're not profiting from any of it.
Well you could always build one for about the same if not less than that using great parts (unless you want an OPA627 or something... in which case the op amp is nearly the cost of that amp). Then you know what you're getting... and you got to eat the mints too The way I see it, that's half the point of a CMoy nowadays. It's a very simple circuit that you can learn from and it's not the end of the world if you do screw it up. Though about all you can screw up if it's...
If you want to do a little DIY, you could make a LOD to RCA cable with no intermediate steps. Just run 2 ground wires rather than 1 that you could do with a TRS, and connect the RCAs as usual after that.
This thread moves way too fast... missed close to 300 posts since I last checked in. Nice stuff there Zombie. DBZ is one of the few styles I can reliably capture myself, and it's only reliable in drawing males. Recently came to the conclusion I simply suck at modern anime though, so good job with the other stuff as well. Off to work on getting some new art styles going for me as nothing's really fun to draw in my current style any longer. Anyway... hopefully I can keep...
Somebody made a pair "semi-open" by putting something behind the grill that was not solid, not sure what it was, but it was similar to felt. They liked it, but I'm not sure what other mods had been done, and I'm not sure if anybody else tried it later.
Not sure if there is any real direction or if there are multiple conversations just heading in every direction here... so I'll ask a question unrelated to all of them Anybody read/watch Deadman Wonderland? In love with the series right now myself and really looking for a translation that doesn't suck half the time (some of these fan translations are really odd...), so I'm considering buying all of the English manga that's available then picking it back up as they get...
My sister did something like that to her earbuds. Not sure how she did it, but it was tighter than that and spiraled up the cable. I wouldn't do it to any of mine, but it doesn't look bad by any means.