Posts by David1961

The time I ordered the GS-X it was actually the mk1 and it cost me $2595, then after about three months Justin asked me if I wanted the mk2 instead for the same price which obviously I said yes. When I sold the GS-Xmk2 around a couple of months ago my asking price was £1500 which I got. I could probably have asked for more but I'm not greedy.
AFAIK, we've all had to wait a considerable time when ordering the BHSE and GS-Xmk2, obviously some longer than others.We've also probably had certain problems when contacting Justin, but some are patient while others aren't, it looks like you're one of the aren'ts.Then ( IMO ) you have the audacity to say you'd be happy if someone would pay you $8500 to take over your order when you paid $6300. If you're only kidding then I apologise, but if you're actually looking for...
Yes it's unfortunate, but someone in Ireland might eventually end up getting the BHSE, that's assuming Justin doesn't stop building them, which I think that might happen if he carries on getting certain posts.
I once had the SRM-007t which at the time I used it to drive the SR-007mk1 which I also once had, and it was because of that amp it didn't bother me in letting both go. I've since heard the 007mk1's with my BHSE and I found that amp makes them sound completely different. I've also heard my 009's with the SRM-007t and the BHSE also takes the 009's to another SQ level.IMO the BHSE truly is a remarkable amp, and with the right tubes makes the 009's easily the best sounding...
The headband I put on my 009's also makes them extremely comfortable, but IMO my 009's no longer look goofy.
 I'm knocking the Abyss's looks, but I was never happy with the original headband on the 009's, which is why I did something about it.
You've found me out, yes I'm worried the Abyss will sound better than the 009's. Ha ! Ha !Truth being told, whether one headphone sounds better than another doesn't bother me, and the Abyss might sound better than the 009's which also doesn't bother me.Now if the designer of the Abyss would've designed it to look similar to the HE-90 ( IMO the best looking headphone ever ) I'd have been very happy to try them, but they didn't, in fact IMO they designed them to look the...
I believe that's the same place head-fier IanG heard it, but as they look I will never put them on my head.Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the SQ I'm getting from my 009 / BHSE so I'm not interested in hearing the Abyss.
I said I wouldn't knock the Abyss's looks anymore but I just can't help it. IMO, WHY can't headphone designers, design a headphone to look similar to the HE-90. For me the perfect looking headphone would be a HE-90 but with the headband made of carbon fibre and the wood on the ear pieces being Amboyna Burl. Regarding someone like myself being so bothered about the looks of headphones and audio equipment, someone wrote a post saying if those that won't listen to a...
 I've also never heard the Abyss, and unless I was able to listen to them blindfolded with no one able to see me with them on, I never will.However, with the SQ I'm getting from my 009 / BHSE, I'm not interested in hearing the Abyss anyway. With the Abyss costing more than the 009's, I agree, why not opt for the 009's, IMO.