Posts by David1961

deleted
Although the frame of my audio rack is metal, the shelves [ on my new rack ] are MDF covered in carbon fibre wrapping, so what's on that rack doesn't come in contact with any metal.   With the 4 stainless steel feet I'm using, I put leather on the bottom of them and the Isolation cones fit on top of those feet.     Pictures say a thousand words, or something like that.    
   I plan on having the four legs sawn off around 1" above the middle shelf.  Which will leave me with two tables, the one left with two shelves I'll use as a coffee table, and the other with one shelf I'll put under my TV.  Why do you ask ?
  Thanks, I guess I'm as obsessed with the way my set up looks, as much as the SQ it produces.    Here are two photo's of my audio gear on my old and new rack. The headphones to the right of my 009's are my HD-600's,and in front of them is my Pico Slim along with my iPod.I use my HD-600 / Pico Slim with my K-01.    I took the photo of my audio gear on the old rack, just before I did the new one. While I like the look of that old rack, I much prefer the look of the new one,...
 Thanks for your recommendation longbowbbs, but because I want each audio unit to be lifted to an exact height, I'll be having the support feet done by the same metal engineer that did the brackets for my 009's headband.
 Hi Paddy, It's a Bybee Power Purifier, it allows me to plug in several pieces of audio equipment and has surge protection, it's also supposed to improve on the SQ, but when I first tried it I can't say I heard any improvement.The biggest improvement I've heard from my headphone system is from using the Psvane PH tubes with my BHSE. What I like about the Bybee PP is it having surge protection and to me it adds to the aesthetics of my gear.  The place that did both my audio...
I've had a new audio rack made from the same place that it my first one. This new rack is made of the same stuff [ mild steel ] and welded which makes it extremely strong. I've also had it powder coated matt black.   As can be seen the the photo's, only one unit can go on one shelf apart from the bottom shelf where I've placed my BHSE's PSU and MacMini.   Even though I'm mainly showing my new audio rack, I've put this post in the Pictures of your high end system II...
 Because I plan on getting another stats amp [ when I've the spare money ] as well as keeping my BHSE, I've been looking on Birgir's website and saw two or three weeks ago that he'd in the pipes an amp to work best with the 009's.I've recently been looking on Birgir's site and what was written about that amp is no longer there, or I can't see it.I know Birgir has put that amp on hold while he sorts out other things, but if he does decide to eventually build that amp, then...
It was sometime ago when I believe I saw that Kevin got the idea of naming the then amp he designed after a drink he had in Hawaii, so I could be wrong.
I believe Blue Hawaii is the name of a drink Kevin was having while on vacation in Hawaii.