Posts by VincentMayer

Finally got a DSLR. Soooo first night shot of my amp, and blurry dac in the background, nothing super fancy.  
Ok, so after having my T1 for 2 & 1/2 weeks and not having any problems, I'd have to say this is probably the best thing I have done since buying my first pair of quality headphones. Can't believe I waited this long. My music just sounds amazing, I loved On The Painted Desert a lot with just my headphones, but now....its hard to put into words how much more amazing it is, just so much more to the music now. The mids and highs are to die for, Cellos and Violins sound...
 ahh, didnt look at those, only looked at the 7308 gold pins. thanks
ops, sorry, even if its not a real tube amp, still something to get my feet wet and gotta start some place. And the T1 really caught my eye when I learned about it.   Thanks for the tips, I've read through a lot of this forum and have many tubes on my list I've started, the rocket and tungsram are on there, but for the price I guess I will start with those 2 and be sure I get a good unit before getting some of the more pricey tubes like the amperex to try out.
Ok, I've been looking at AMPs and DACs for a long time now, and discovered this little gem, its a DAC/AMP and best of all it has a tube. I have always wanted to try a tube amp. I am getting close to purchasing a T1, and am just not sure what tube to get. I plan to try out many of the ones mentioned throughout this thread once I get the unit and spend some time with it, but would like at least 1 extra tube other than stock when I buy the T1.   I currently have a pair of...
My first headphone recable, including internals. Was a slight pain to get the thicker wire through the bands and joints.       Techflex I ordered was smaller than i expected so its expanded a lot and wire is a bit too thick. But it all works and that's the important thing, definitely better than the original cable that was old and stiff, I use these as my portable setup and it was getting annoying.   Was fun and a learning experience, will definitely...
recently stumbled across this place while doing headphone searches and have been reading the forums for about 3 days now.   I currently have a pair of extremely used Sony XB500s and its about time i moved on, they are starting to fall apart and im a bit lost on where to go from here. so im turning to all you audiophiles here.   Ive been looking at getting a pair of ATH-A700 or AD700s. but ive read that the ADs lack bass, im not a crazy bass head, but bass that...