Posts by Gilly87

Impedance changes the effect of power on the sound. Period. That much science has proven - that's why different cables and headphones have higher or lower impedance! The real gray area with cables has more to do with the specific materials used, the quality and level of purity of materials, braiding patterns, etc.
  Thanks dude! So glad you liked it. We've got a few reviewers lined up, so long-term impressions should begin rolling in over the next few weeks or so :)
Alas, I've failed you; the line was too long when I got a chance to step away from our booth, and I had to quit the queue to get back to work
 That...would actually be awesome.
 That's what I thought too, actually; I was originally considering the EL8s for this purpose, but I've decided I don't want an Audeze til I can afford the X or XC ^_^ so beautiful...plus no mic. Idk though, I'm a stickler for removable cables...we shall see! Maybe I'll check out the Senn booth at FA today...
 Woops x_x Showing my industry greenness here I guess XD But you're right, now that I think about it - I'd say if anything, the successful family-owned businesses I've known owners of are perhaps even more aggressive in their expectations of each other; I think it's kind of a compensatory reaction to the assumption that families/friends give each other privileges/special treatment. Gotta keep each other on your toes! And of course there's almost always the guarantee of...
 I wouldn't say that just yet...the Fatherbrand has been around for 70 years and if you read their annual reports from 2012 and 2013, you'll see they were still growing strong before they started "going pop." I think the HD700 was basically intended to replace the HD600/650 in the long run (after all, its street price is trending to match the original price of the HD650, adjusted for inflation), the HD26 is a really awesome new addition to their lineup that represents a...
 Right on! Thanks so much for coming to our booth! :D I LOVE Tokyo so far, and Fujiya Avic sits right up there with the last CanJam SoCal as one of my 2 favorite audio shows I've attended this far. There's really great energy, but the whole show is also supremely laid back at the same time. I really enjoyed the casual, almost family feel of CanJam; it feels like everyone knows everyone, and it's so easy to connect dots and get face time with people you probably would never...
...no detachable cable? The Momentum has it...   Otherwise I'm intrigued; the graph reminds me of the DT770 LE, which I enjoy quite a bit, and have often contemplated modding to have a mic, because it's my office can and I hate having to switch back and forth with IEMs just to use the mic for phone calls.   If the build quality is up to snuff, and the sound is really on Fostex level, with a DT770-esque signature, I'll be excited.   I could see these as potential...
Not sure if we'll exhibit; I want to go, whether we exhibit or not, but I don't know if I'll be on the west coast or not :/