Posts by Gilly87

It's not all assumptions any more though - some like Trager have had the chance to use our gear, and if you read the thread you'll notice that anyone who has thus far is almost as excited as I am ^_^
 Man, before I read Jason's thread, I honestly was freaking out a bit, because I worked doing milspec nanotech sales, tech support and product development before this, and even though the technical elements were more complicated (not that I've mastered all of audio, by any means; I'm no engineer), in other ways it was a breeze compared to audio.  When people wanted our product, we worked with them; if they didn't need it, we didn't give them the time of day. But when...
 I know, I know! ^_^ I promise it will be here well before Black Friday ;)
 Not trying to convince you out of what you like! I know as much as anyone that you can't talk away someone else's opinion. I just thought maybe you'd want to give it a shot on your phone and see whether you like it or not before you decide against it :) I've got almost a terrabyte of my own music on an SSD, and there are very few albums there that aren't on TIDAL (and most of what isn't is on Google Music). But hey, if it's not for you, it's not for you. I think it's...
 Start the poll! If it looks good, I'll put crowdfunding together and we'll make it happen.
Our sound and amplification are sure as hell way better than any onboard smartphone audio  If that's not enough, well, there's significantly better battery life, more power for full-sized headphones, a bitchin form factor sporting sexy wood and machines aluminum, LAN connectivity to access your whole collection while in range of your home wifi, support up to 24/192, expandable storage, more formats supported...I could go on ^_^
 So how many gigs would you actually use if you had it? Serious question. I've made the offer before and I'll make it again - if someone makes a poll, and can show me that a serious percent of the active Head-Fi user base would actually buy a device like the one you're requesting, I WILL make it happen. But I've thrown down the gauntlet, and nobody has answered, and while your group is a very vocal minority, it is nonetheless a very significant minority, and therefore,...
 Yeah man...I might get in trouble with currawong for saying this :P but whoever thought that Sony's brand could bear a $1200 DAP was drinking a bit too much of the Kool-Aid if you ask me...
 I feel your pain dude, I really do. And this might turn into a rant, but bear with me. Before I got as serious about audio gear as I am about music, I lugged around my phone and an iPod both chock full of songs, half of which were 128kbps mp3s, and still wanted more storage...I can honestly say that I use streaming almost exclusively now, since TIDAL streams in FLAC and 16/44.1 is really the most I need when on the go, but I understand that not everyone is near wifi all...
So when will the angled hybrid pads be available in the US