Posts by doctorjazz

Last few minutes of offer, whew! Actually already in for Soul Tube, took all my will power to hold off getting the Xfi with upgrades, especially since the step up deal. If I can get through the next few hours...working this morning, probably keep me too busy to obsess over it until it's over.
It all depends on how you like to listen IMO. If 1 sound signature will be the end all and be all for you, that's great. Me, I find them more like flavors...different ones work for me at different times. None of them is perfect...bass stronger on one, tighter on another, details on a third, soundstage on the 4th, etc. As you go up the chain, they do more right in general, but still differ and have strengths and weaknesses. BoY, would save a bunch if I just fell for...
Thanks for all the help, looking at the links, should work OK. I do have the older Samsung YPP player and my phone. Have been using Neutron on my HTC One, though the other players are my main music sources...have to check on using Tidal, which I have on most devices, and I have the camera connector, play with the iPad as well (the camera connector doesn't play well with my older iPod Touches). You're right about doing this before you buy...what happens when you go for...
Ok, thanks, I did start out searching for how this might work, didn't come up with much. Have to look specifically for that cable and UAPP (which I know nothing about). Seems I can get it to work with phone, from your post, but not Pono or DX90. Oh well, back to the drawing board...
I just got the M8 LX today, but I seem to be missing something. I generally use Android devices, have HTC 1 M8, and iBasso DX90, Pono, and X3 (I do have an iPad 3 and 2 iPod Touch, older, but don't use them much, most music is with the Pono and DX90 when I want portable). I can't figure how to connect these devices-at first I thought I must have the wrong version of the M8, because I couldn't find how to connect my devices (and the box just says M8). As usual with these...
And to you, sir!
OK,watched the acs video(over and over), doesn't work for me exactly the way they demonstrate it, but I got the general idea of what I'm aiming for, and it's doing much better now. Listening to hi-rez American Beauty(Dead), pretty cool sounding, Lesh's bass definitely present and accounted for.
Merry Christmas/Happy New Year all!! Had a nice holiday so far, hoping you all are enjoying as well. Some Dogwalk Discoveries for the holidays... And, hope you did better than this on this holiday...
Not a deep insertion? Hmmm, so I just watched the acs Youtube video (of course I wouldn't watch it before I did it, that's like reading directions for gear before using it...). OK, gotta play with it a bit first.You got the last piece of gear weeks before me, if I remember correctly. Hope you get the acs soonAnd, a Merry Christmas to you, your loved ones, and all the good little audiophiles out there, hope Santa was good to you!(I didn't take any chances, was good to...