Posts by doctorjazz

YMMV, of course, but I'd say that the improvement, on my end, was not subtle. Still, glad you find a bit of improvement.
As I posted earlier, did the update, use a Windows 7 Professional PC, the issue happens whenever the GO (have 1K and SE) is disconnected, deliberately or inadvertently (which easily happens). Volume defaults to max, have to be really careful. I also have the volume control that only works in the LH app, with the slider, no other volume control works. not the PC, not the JRiver controls, bit of a PITA. Also, have an issue since I've gotten them, if I change headphones, I...
So, as I've mentioned, haven't used the DX90 since I got the PONO. Well, yesterday, after listening a whole lot (had time off, had to clear snow, hear new music), my battery ran out. I generally listen while I walk my dog, so, dug the old DX90 out. It isn't bad, but it is as if there is a layer of mist compared to the Pono. It's missing clarity, detail, less involving. And, I really liked it until the Pono spoiled me. The Pono is for real. If I can ever decide which...
KEF M200 dropped again on Newegg, now $49.99!!! Coupon code: EMCAKNW24 An even better deal with this code-got it from the Deals Discussion thread. (unfortunately, I have them, never could get a decent fit on them, but, I have trouble with lots of iems...)
Quoting the above post, as I purchased both of these, the Power cord and the Mouser power supply, with the links. These are a fairly inexpensive (in the scheme of all this stuff) upgrade, which, imo, improves the sound very noticeably. The "solidity" of images, if you will, and the bass, both are much improved using these.I'm still waiting for the Stax 323 to arrive, and, of course, I won't be able to do anything with it until I figure out what I want to do about an...
Great, that was a while ago, they really helped me get a good fit and seal with these. Thanks for coming up with that.
I've dealt with Amazon quite a bit, they are usually good at taking things back and exchanging for a replacement item or refunding. The one time I didn't get satisfaction with a return/refund, I called, got a representative there. They told me they couldn't do what I was asking (won't go into the details, but would have been withing their rights to deny me, I was a few days past the return period). After we hung up, Amazon always sends the satisfaction survey. They asked...
Same here, sometimes quick response, sometimes not so quick. I also don't think they really support products, say, like Amazon would. They just say, "have a problem, contact the manufacturer".
This was my original point....you would just get the digital signal (the ones and zeros) and still need to convert them with a D to A converter...