Posts by doctorjazz

A true sign that headphones have entered the Audiophile world... Only Audiophiles could consider $4k headphones a good deal (and I guess they are when compared to $50k speakers)
I'd be fine with some derailment of this angry, complaining, mostly dead (as far as information goes) thread! (not that I'm less angry, complaining, frustrated than anyone else, but, lacking any gear to talk about, new information on the arrival of the Wave (or other LH Labs crowd funded stuff), I'll go for the big capitalism discussion, hey, why the hell not?!)
Larry Coryell? Missed that, sad...
Sorry, hae to agree with the Maestro, there will definitely be something else to covet down the road, maybe not in 2 weeks, but there'll be other companies trying to upend the Utopia, not to mention at some point the Utopia v2 (done this already with the HE-1000...at some point, you have to step off the upgrade escalator, it can go on forever. Or not, if you've got the desire and the green).
Just found out from the social coordinator (aka the missus), we have a family obligation that Sunday
Yup, we met outside the main room. Mine is also a loaner, may or may not still have it by then. Not 100% sure I'm up for 7-8 hours of driving, but maybe...
@gandhisfist, be great to see you again. Not sure if I'll still have the Illuminati by then. I have a review sample. Haven't listened critically enough to decide if I'll buy it. If I have it, and I make it down, I'll bring it along. Does the venue have Wi-Fi?
@Sheldaze, it was fun meeting you in Manhattan. Still using my ZOTL and HEK v1, very tempting indeed...
Hmm... 3 and a half hour drive from Central New Jersey, tempting, nothing in these parts until June (and it's a 2+ how drive to the Long Island meet, which is the next one here...). Tempting...
Liking the Cardas A8 balanced out of Pono (Cardas makes a balanced Pono cable for it...i went to their table at CanJam NY, they were selling the A8 at a discount, I believe they're updating it, and they threw in the cable free). Was using Westone W40 balanced with Trinity cable before, have to compare them one of these days.