Posts by sari0n

You can usually get away with just tapping the metal part of your computer case every now and then, that should discharge any static buildup.
There are so many promos for ram now that there's really no reason not to get 8gb in my opinion.  Newegg throws it in with motherboards all the time.  Also, newer operating systems actually do make use of extra ram to cache stuff, so it doesn't really go to waste.  I got 32gb of ram last year during the black friday sales, and my computer's ram usage usually hovers at around 40% even though what I'm doing doesn't really require all that space.
So you're looking for something simpler or even tenkeyless?  If you like backlighting you can get a Noppoo Choc Pro or a Ducky shine.  CM also makes a few boards that are of decent quality and are easily obtainable in the US.
 GPU mining is way outdated, I started mining with 2x 7970's back in March and I've yet to break even.  If you compare the cost of GPU's to the competition out there:   AMD 7970, which mines at 600mh/s for $350 =  1.9mh/s per dollar USB Block Erupter, 330mh/s for $100 =  3.3 mh/s per dollar BFL Jalapeno, 5000gh/s for $275 = 18mh/s per dollar   If you follow the mining community closely, apparently even ordering a Jalapeno today won't be profitable because by...
Wow that looks sweet, I've been hoping that companies would start to upgrade from 1080p.  With retina resolutions becoming so mainstream in tablets and laptops I'm really hoping that desktops get an upgrade soon too. On the other hand though, a lot of the newer games out there are a lot more power hungry than I originally thought.  I doubt you'd be able to play any of the newer games maxed with 60fps on any single gpu at the moment, even with AA turned down.  I think...
Bitcoins are very liquid now, it's very easy to convert them to USD or whatever you want.  If you are lazy and don't want to really deal with too much tech you can just use an online wallet, which should be fine as long as you don't plan on holding onto any coins for too long. If you're thinking of buying a new card now solely for the purpose of mining though it's doubtful that you'll break even anytime soon.  A properly set up 7950 mines at approximately 400mh/s, and...
A few of the models stood out to me. A large number of details have been textured on instead of actually molded. You can sort of tell that it was developed with aging consoles in mind, and while the PC version definitely has a lot of improvements a lot of things like the base models still stick out.Like the flower hats that some of the women wear for instance, they're totally round with just a floral pattern on them.
Far Cry 3 was pretty unique, the entire open world thing was really cool and the graphics were great too.  I just didn't like the storyline that much, you pretty much get this bloodrage and insta-ditch all of your friends.  Everything in the storyline seems to suggest that you're just kind of a brute and you really don't do too many clever things.  Like jeez, how many times did you fall for the "surprise Vaas behind the door"?  Also your buddies all get shafted and...
I've had the same issue that you have.  The way that most people do it is running the upgrade assistant again, which part way through will give you the option to download an iso/create a usb thumbdrive to install Windows 8 off of.  You can enter the same serial number that you received even if it's been activated already to progress through the upgrade assistant.  Otherwise, a google search for Windows 8 iso or usb installation should turn up some files.   As for the...
That's interesting, since you can't really scam easily on ebay as paypal favors the buyer in claims too much.