Posts by Mangoloid

I will be attending this meet. Very curious to hear the paradox and other T50RP variants and compare them with my T50RP. I may also bring in a vintage Sony STR-7065 receiver, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the trouble.   Can't wait to hear the Stax 009, too!
    If you don't mind a long wait, you can buy HM5 pads (exactly identical to the FA-003 pads) from MP4nation. That is where I sourced mine. I heard from other people on this thread that you can buy directly from the manufacturer. Not sure on the waiting time for that.   Also, please be aware of how difficult it is to put these ear pads on. It has been done, but many people find it difficult to do without tearing the lining. I know that LFF relied on his wife's sewing...
How intriguing! Many thanks to Tyll: his service for providing measurements will certainly be the catalyst for innovation in the DIY realm. Congratulations to Kabeer, those AIWA orthodynamic headphones measured spectacularly! And hats off to LFF, it is now empirically true that his Paradox headphones have the best measurements of any closed headphone presented in the contest. Way to embody the spirit of this thread!   Tyll has provided us a great opportunity to...
Hello everyone,   Long time no post, but I've been enjoying music through these headphones immensely. It has also been a great audio-learning experience in general, a journey like all others where goals must be made and pursued. I have decided to go on the route of natural and neutral with this 'phone.   I've been reading this growing thread throughout the passing months and I'm taken aback with the branching out that has occurred here. The general consensus...
A little late, but still, pictures!          
They are originally intended for monitoring. If you look at Fostex's website, these headphones are designed as professional studio monitors. In my experience with both the HD280s and the Fostex, I would say the Fostex outperforms the HD280s in every way possible. Hard to imagine, but you will see (hear) for yourself if you do decide to order these headphones.   Best, Mangoloid
  Like you, I tried the Sennheiser HD280s early on in my audio career. They broke and I had to return them. However, considering your price range, I advise you to look into orthodynamic headphones. I assure you they will not disappoint. Specifically, I will recommend you the Fostex T50RP, a great choice for your needs and purposes.   I recommend that you do research in these...
My dad has been listening to my headphones (modified Fostex T50RPs) as I mod them. The funny thing is, his face expands every time he listens to them after I finish another mod. What I mean is, his smirk widens, causing his whole face to get bigger. It may seem funny, but let me tell you... at times it gets tedious when I see him walk upstairs, because I know that he will proceed to head to my room just to listen to my headphones. He does this at random times during...
Hello,   I will be at this meet and will be able to bring my modded Fostex T50RP. The materials are coming in the mail next week, so I'll have it completely modded by the time of the meet.   I can also bring my entry-level amp and DAC combo, actually, the Fiio E7/E9. This should be coming in the mail soon too, I have yet to try it.   I'm very curious to hear other headphones, as the T50RPs were really the first (and only!) real headphones I listened...
I might just bite the bullet. I can't stand the feel of the stock pads after an hour or so. The condition those pads are in justify the asking price of the seller.   I am going to begin modding shortly after I order the supplies. I plan to use newplast and akasa plus. Where can I purchase newplast in the US? It seems as if it's a UK thing.   If I cannot find any newplast, what is a worthy alternative? It seems as if newplast has the highest damping factor...