Posts by ryder78

That's not the point. I would look more like a dork with the HD800s on my head. To each his own I guess. Well, I find the T1 to be a more balanced sounding design than the HD800s anyway although their looks do put me off quite a bit.
T1. The HD800 looks like a kid's toy to me, no offense.
From my limited experience I find headphones that grip hard are uncomfortable. Although they may sound good, certain folks may not be able to listen to them for long. Perhaps it is not so much on the clamping force but the whole thing sticking to the head like a parasite, or the pressure that the cups impose upon the jawline, or the ears themselves that need a breath of fresh air having been enclosed in a semi-tight chamber of some sort for long periods. Or perhaps it's...
  Perhaps he was making a point on the HD800s being unbearable with SS amps.     So it appears that the HD800 requires tubes to get rid of the harshness and sibilance. Good to know.
Yeah, that is what I thought too with most things. Thanks for the advice.
It's a buzzing sound, not exactly a rolling sound. The possible causes include loose hair inside the earcup and a loose wire hitting against the metal or something. Even if I managed to open up the earcup, I have no idea how to troubleshoot the problem, that if I can find a hair or two in it.
I know most people will advise to send them back. However, I was just thinking if anyone else might have a different idea.   I am having a slight issue with my new pair of headphones, a slight ratting sound on the left earcup when listening to music at moderate to high volume levels. It doesn't occur many times though it can be disconcerting to have the rattling sound come up once in a while considering the headphones are less than 2 weeks old.   I have sent the...
  It is interesting to hear that the headphones are getting more use than the Magnepan 3.6s which are magnificent speakers in their own right. I've listened to a pair of Magnepan 1.7 late last year at a friend's place, though not fully optimized, in a small room with a new(not broken-in) Bryston 4B-SST. The speakers managed to throw a big sound, very airy and detailed. The sound presentation is definitely different in comparison to the Harbeth. I suppose the 3.6s are on...
5 years warranty for the T1s in Canada and up to 7 years warranty from Ultrasone. Wow I am sure missing a lot~!
  Perhaps I will re-confirm with Jan on the warranty period. On Meier's website, the conditions of the warranty is mentioned as "By German law all our products come with original 2-year manufacturer warranty." I will ship the headphones back to Germany before the warranty period expires and not now since the headphones may exhibit more problems later on(keeping fingers crossed though). In this way I can avoid paying multiple shipping charges and potential customs...