Posts by Sweden

The best deal around for sound and build is still the JVC FXD70 with new foam tips IMO. They are 30 USD from amazon japan. They need new tips for comfort and sound though for me at least. They are machine drilled out of stainless steel which is pretty remarkable considering the price and have a good quality cable. They also have very good comfort. They sound better than the JVC S500 and Creative Aurvana Live and are much better than the S500 for comfort (with foam...
I think it would be sad not including the great Arcam irDAC. I'm always rooting for the underdog who gives you better value. NAD M51 and Bryston BDA-2 would be excellent choices as well. Otherwise I find the choices really good.   After owning the LCD-3 for a while I don't think they would be really the optimal headphone to test DACs fully. Even though I find them pretty neutral they put something of their own flavour (of greatness though) to the sound and are a bit...
 Agreed. The LCD-2 and classical don't work nearly as well as the HD800. Especially rev1 that I had. Too congested sounding.The LCD-3 is a clear improvement with classical.
I'm hearing a bit of harshness from cymbals that I'm not hearing from any of my tested in-ears for example but it's the overall sense of lack of sparkle, clarity and detail in the treble that is keeping them away from being a truly fantastic in-ear. Admittedly I've been comparing them with CK100Pro and IE800 as well which is not all that fair considering they're amazingly clear sounding and in another price category.  FXD70 is a better comparison where the MA750 have an...
Directly comparing these to a few in-ears the JVC FXD70 are totally smoking the MA750 when it comes to treble detail, refinement and air. Apart from the slightly annoying rubbery slightly stiff cable this is the biggest flaw of these in-ears.
 I have both the LCD-3 and HD800 as well and I agree fully with this. I enjoy classical a great deal with the 3s as they have a fantastic seductive and emotional quality to the timbre of the instruments the HD800 can't match IMO. Some classical work better than others. For large orchestral pieces I give it to the HD800 but the LCD-3 is not such a slouch I heard repeated many times.
I want to buy it god dammit! 275 with shipping?
Have small driver flex on both sides, more on the right side.Some in-ears are more driver flex prone. Usually not a problem.
When clicking the "more" button a fifth time the update circle just keep spinning and no older topics get shown. When unchecking summary view this bug is not present but unchecking summary view makes everything a big mess.
I would like a voltage transparency in the amp and dac section so you can search this from the start. Location would of course also work but there are many places where 220/230/240V work.   I would also like to see a better sorting of headphones. In-ears, on-ears, over-ears is a good start. Dynamic, planars and stats an option.   Tube/hybrid and solid state as well as portable and desktop in the amp section.