or Connect

Posts by Sweden

My old HD600s drivers may have degraded somewhat or perhaps the new revisions are better but in a direct comparison between the two the HD700 is in a league above it when it comes to resolution, clarity, soundstage and tightness. Just on another level of fidelity. It felt more like a HD598 on steroids or a lesser HD800 when it comes to signature. The problem I have with the HD700 is listening fatigue from somewhere in the treble region. The HD600 have zero fatigue. The...
  Those are no ordinary $50 in-ears. With some DSP software like EQ, crossfeed and soundstage enhancers you get a fantastic out of head and juicy presentation that I could live with for the rest of my life. Not many headphones can move me to tears while listening to music. This cheap bugger does. It's not a sonic quality I can put words to but something about the directness.   The LCD-3 obviously have higher fidelity but the weight of that thing makes me sometimes not...
  I wanted to really get into it but I had an inkling she would be like a dead fish in bed
    Going simply from memory the K3003 didn't strike me as that much better than the R-50 when we are talking mids and highs. I'm not a fan of the TWFK type sound honestly and both these share the same driver for mids and highs.   Doesn't matter how flat an headphone is or if it's have good detail if you mess up the tonality, dynamics and coherency. That sense of nothing but the music you get with transparency will never settle in unless you have good timbre and a...
  I believe it was Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite into a Musical Fidelity V-CAN II as well as directly out of a Clip. Of course big jump in sound when switching to the CD player amp combo. Not sure what filter was being used, but probably stock.   Not saying I think the FXD70 is a better performer technically, even though IMO the distance isn't that great, it just had rather poor timbre like I felt about the mids and highs of the Rocket R-50. Clean but no real ability to convey...
Don't think I heard anything about channel imbalance before. Contact the seller and return them.
The K3003 was a bit of a disappointment when auditioning them for an hour, especially for the outrageous price. They lacked coherency and the mids and highs felt distant and lacked realism and naturalness. The timbre felt off like some TWFK in-ears I owned. In comparison the IE800 had fantastic realistic and clean mids with good natural timbre and well behaved highs. The transient just felt so clean. It sounded slightly more detailed and had better soundstage but the...
  I remember the same things happening with the Beyerdynamic T1. Some people who really liked the sound of this headphone started shifting their opinion when the rather poor measurements started rolling in. Poor measurements in relation to the HD800 that is.
  Music? Measurement fascist tend to listen to audiophile noises and at times Diana Krall which hardly can be categorized as music
  You can get the AD900X for 135 USD on amazon.jp. Then you have to pay Tenso a few buck for shipping outside Japan.