Posts by Sweden

Common now. How much does a cable do for the frequency response when measuring a headphones? Perhaps 0.2 dB tops. Not saying there can't be an audible difference but when measuring the difference is minimal. I'm open for someone to prove me wrong though and show me me data to the contrary.
  Graphs and real life listening experience are two different domains in my experience. You need other types of measurements also. I have listened to headphones that by the graph should be bass heavy/light or harsher in the treble that in reality where neither.
I have a FXZ100 I'm selling.
These really do sound terrific if you can handle that extra bass, but boy do they suck when it comes to fit and cable. The stock tips literally suck, creating a very unpleasant vacuum effecting. Probably could be a dangerous thing for the ear drums. The RE-262 had the same problem.   With some foam tips they wont have the sucking effecting as well as sounding much better. Only problem is the tips don't fit the earphones exactly which means the tips have a tendency...
    If you want a very natural sounding DAC look at the Hegel HD20. Too many DACs I've heard go for maximum detail retrieval but tend to sound slightly digital and unnatural IMO.
I would buy a V Moda cable with a 45 degree connector for sure. They have one button remote Android cable, iPhone 3 button remote cable and audio only cables: http://v-moda.com/cables/
I'm trying to find one of these adapters but from straight 3.5mm to 90 degree or 45 degree (even better) 3.5mm. Always seem to be 2.5mm to 3.5. Anyone have a clue? It's weird that it seems to be so hard to find this adapter!
Not a fan of the Superlux HD668B. The Superlux HD330 and HD660 are better with less harch highs but still forward and aggressive. These need a little bit more amping though. Also the Somic MH463 is fantastic value.
Yes these look to be the same headphones as the Sound Dynamic MD-2STV. Check this out...
  I wish I had been... Not the biggest fan of the HD700 for the price.   The Leben is not super tubey compared to some others amps, but it's def not a neutral tube tube amp like a LF.   What the Leben does is to put some glory into the HD800 with just the right type of coloration to make it sound more alive and enjoyable. With a flat amp I get a feeling that I'm listening to sounds really carefully, and that is not something I like my music experience to be. Of course as...