Posts by Sweden

These respond very well to EQ and can take a lot more bass without distortion. Listening to some Hip Hip with this EQ curve and the sound pretty darn nice. Reminds me about the CKS77 now.    
SpkLev only changes the amount of dB and have no change on the effect or sound what I can tell, non. Of course higher volumes makes music sound better but that's another story. You get the biggest change sonically with changing Distance and Speaker angle.
  You won't have any problems with the FXD70 falling out as you where them with a deep fit and I also like to have them around-the-ear which makes them impossible to fall out. If I use these foam tips I can wear them for hours without any discomfort. Only if you have really tiny ear canals can fit be a problem. I have small ear canals myself and can only have the tips in small and the fit is tight but not an issue. Nothing I have tried be it on-ear or over ear sound as...
  If you wan't looks, comfort, isolation and value when it comes to sound look the Philips Downtown. The Uptowns are pretty good too but costs a little more. JVC S500 are a very good sounding on-ear but don't have the comfort of a Bose or Downtown. You should look at the JVC FXD70 however if you are after good sound under 100$ but now we are talking about in-ears. The new Hifiman in-ear may also be a serious bang for buck as is the Sony MH1C.
  There is no doubt that the transducers have a magnitude of more importance for the overall sound once you get a amp performing at a good enough level. The Bottlehead Crack will drive and match the HD800 very good and it's only if you are an eccentric audiophile you go to the length of spending these big bucks for those extra few percent closer the the "perfect" sound. The HD800 is perhaps the most amp picky headphone I have tried and beginners should be very aware of...
With some extra EQ to the treble I think they are great with metal. With TB EZQ they are even fantastic.
If I didn't have ears I might have thought she was great... If you like her who the heck cares but I just can't imagine anyone with a lot of music knowledge liking her at best mediocre stuff.
  I find it a sad phenomena when music lovers becomes audiophiles and instead of listening to good music mostly listen to bad well recorded music just because of how revealing their gear is. I have seen this happen again and again and I've noticed the same symptoms with me to some degree. The more gear centric people get the less music centric I've seen them become. When I see someone listen to Diana Krall I know that person have lost all sense of what music is all...
I have the S500 and the FXD70 /  80 and I feel the opposite as the FXD70 is superior in sound quality to the S500 according to my ears. FXD70 is also better than the 80 with a more focused sound and less defused sound. I do however use software to make the in-ear have a better sense of space and out of head experience.   The difference is pretty minor though and I would be very surprised if these two didn't share the same drivers and the only different being that the...
The GR06 lacks clarity and sounds pretty muffled without EQ to the treble. With some extra treble they sound much more balanced and hifi without becoming harsh. There is a EQ program called TB EZQ that I feel almost where made for this in-ear. You can't believe how much better the GR06 sounds with this software correcting the unrefinement of the mids and treble perfectly. Normal EQ works pretty good but this is something different