Posts by Sweden

That is another way of saying I will buy these.
I find the RE-400/600 to be the V-Moda M-80 version of an in-ear. Not the most exciting sound with it's mid-centric qualities and way too polite treble. Maybe it's a sound that works with specific genres like Asian style vocal music(I don't listen to that stuff so maybe someone will correct me here)  but for pop, rock, classical and all-round it doesn't work for me. No real sense of power. The RE262 was an even bigger disappointment for me. Dull sound + painful vacuum...
[[SPOILER]]  Here are my honest impressions.Thank you james444 for the loaner. This is what a headphone community is all about. I will probably repay the favour some day.
Still don't understand who you don't want to use a miniature DAC/Amp for your already easy to drive LCD-XC. TH900 will not really be an upgrade to the XC in SQ. It will be a lot lighter and comfortable though.
The Seekers - Georgy Girl
Thanks for the reply. Any more comment about the sound? Neutral and soundstage being record dependent is rather vague.. What's neutrality seem to be under evolution in headphones and depending from person to person. I would personally not categorize any Etymotic as sounding neutral even though I heard them being described in those terms. How is clarity and detail extraction? Bass extension and impact? Any harshness? Maybe a comparison to other in-ears would bring more...
I couldn't care less about a picture to prove he really have the phone. I want some reports on the signature, soundstage, quality of sound and construction, microphonics, isolation and comfort.  Saying they sound epic is not good enough. Very tempted to pull the trigger. Maybe they will be better than the IE800 for less money. Let's hope. At least the spare tips won't be 60 dollars a pair.
The length of the cable from splitter to in-ear is perfect for an around the ear fit for me when the cinch is fully out. Do you guys have huge melons by any chance?
Anyone who can compare this gadget with software like Isone, SHEPPi, J Rivers soundstage enhancer, Dolby, some other crossfeed etc? 119 dollar is not much compared to some of the other gear I have, but if it's inferior to the cheaper software I see no point.
Reading peoples list really show you how subjective headphone comfort is. I guess head shape, ear size and shape, sensitivity to clamp and weight do a lot to explain the disparities.   I had to think about this for a second but here is my top 5 list. 1. Well used HD555 2. MA900 3. Stretched out HD598 4. Well used HD600 5. QC15   Headphones like HD800, HD700, all kinds of Beyers, PX100, D5000/D7000, Mad Dog, 1R, K550 and I'm sure I'm missing a few here are...