Posts by Sweden

If the 3D soundstage processing is done right it sounds interesting indeed. Maybe it's similar as iFi iCAN. Some headphones/music really benefit from this type of thing and for others it can mess up fidelity.
I'm getting more and more excited about this one reading the impressions. Too bad they couldn't made it 200 grams lighter this time, but I guess they have to completely redo design for that to happen.
Considering what a piece of cr@p the RE-400 is when it comes to build this is a breath of fresh air. Love seeing affordable products with great build quality and long warranty.   My concern is that the size might be too large for smallish ears. Ergonomics should be equally important as sound when designing in-ear or really headphones in general IMO.   I also consider cable noise a total deal breaker. Luckily this is an over-ear fit so even though the cable produces...
Haha Tyll know how to have a good time.
 With it's higher output impedance I'm thinking a lot of people will be cautious using it with sensitive headphones and in-ears so I can see a market for the Magni (if you are referring to the low priced amp). Some people also insist on pure solid state no matter what.I would be more concerned about selling the much pricier but not necessarily better options.
I really like the HD800 for it's balance, detail, clarity, soundstage and imaging but I guess amp picky in reality means finding an amp which correct for the overly analytical and fake/strident quality of the HD800s I find too distracting to enjoy the music. I didn't feel any real transparency to the music listening with the Invicta/HD800 combo and it would be ironic that adding some form of colouration would increase perceived transparency for some people. Too me the...
Yeah right in-ears isn't meant for portable outside use at all where some type of noise is present most of the time.It's not like most people use them on their commute, when they go to the gym and in their noisy office. That's the place people use open back headphones see.  No problem for me using the IE800 with comply tips, over-ear fit, not falling out and above average isolation. The isolation and fit could be better, but to say this (and light weight?) automatically...
I don't see it as an impossibility as that being the way I see the HD800 with close to total transparency to the source material, but to me it lacked power somehow. I'm one of those people who find the HD800 soulless and clinical when paired with most SS amps. When I think of it I have not heard one one SS amp I'm fully satisfied with. It's like a strict German businessman who needs a couple of shots of Vodka to be bearable to hang out with at a party. At some situations...
I like your positivism. Why not go for it.   Any updates regarding the euro portion of the tour?
It's very hard to combine objective science and listening enjoyments which is very much a subjective field. You can almost liken it with the problem of combining classic Einsteinian physics with the somewhat irrational and unpredictable quantum physics to create a unified theory. We have a rather crude understanding today what constitute a good sounding measurement. There is still possible for a good measurement to sound bad and vice versa. Still good measurements sound...