Posts by Sweden

Don't know the Yamaha HPH 200 but I would put HD598 on top of all of that for sound, perhaps a notch lower for enjoyment. And the comfort for a well used and stretched pair is a 10.  Your list is a bit perplexing in a number of ways but that's life. Without the mysteries of to the universe it wouldn't be interesting.  Good effort putting this together. 
 I always take meet impression with a big pinch of salt but it was an interesting read.
 A bit late but that was freaking glorious.
This is my experience as well. A higher elevated bass in in-ears don't sound as unbalanced as it does with over-ears. The thing with most in-ears that measure totally flat on a graph is that they almost always are balanced armature which is a driver design that aren't known for it's bass capabilities. However even a dynamic exception like the RE-400  which also measures totally flat feels limpdick as well. My pet theory is the amount of air being moved. Electrostatic cans...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Earbud-Replacement-Tips-Tip-In-Ear-Earphone-Memory-Foam-SMALL-MEDIUM-LARGE-/321503010899?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4adb12a053These work good but I recommend that you put small thin strips of tape around the nozzle so they are put in place better. 
Selling one of the most spectacular in-ears today when it comes to pure detail retrieval and clarity. In some songs there are stuff I can hear with this that is harder to hear with the HD800.  Here is a review of my pair on loan.  http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-ck100pro-in-ear-headphones/reviews/9849 Price is with shipping. 
This is a very rare high-end amp, with only a handful ever made. The Cavalli Audio Stacker II hybrid amp, the predecessor to the Liquid Glass. The amp was specially designed and built to drive orthodynamic headphones, but works with many other headphones as well, not including IEM's   Some of its features includes.   a brand new broskie high voltage power supply at 275Volts fresh build and brand new case green LED light around the power button AmpOhm 0.22uF...
 They are very close. The FXD80 has slightly less bass impact, a bit less full in the mids and some extra sparkle up top giving slightly more air. FXD70 sounded more coherent. There is a reason I sold the FXD80 and have two FXD70.
Out of curiosity and fun could anyone do a calculation on the cost of running this thing. What would lets say be the hourly cost driving speakers/driving headphones/just powered on? A lot of electricity seem to be transformed into heat.  
 I have two pair of the FXD70 and neither sound like that at all. If I had a few words to describe them it would be: lively, super clear, detailed, fast, open sounding. Even in a direct comparison to the Sennheiser IE800 or CK100PRO it doesn't make a fool out of themselves, except when it comes to bass compared to IE800. I would say the FXD70 have better treble timbre than the IE800 and I take the FXD70 as an allrounder over CK100PRO even though the 100PRO is technically...