Posts by Sweden

How secure are they in your ear? My gut feeling when only looking at them is that they couldn't handle a jog in the park or have a tendency to fall out during manual labor.
Would be great if someone could add a comparison to other amplifiers at this price point.
 WA5 really? With descent tubes and upgrades that thing is over 4000.You can't listen to these vintage amps/receivers in normal audio stores. You have to get one from the used market and hope it's in descent sonic condition or restore it yourself.
 I suggest listening to one yourself before writing them of. You could get a NAD for under 50 bucks. Not sure about the situation in Romania though...
 If you are low on cash I much rather recommend going the vintage route of NAD or Yamaha från the 70s or 80s with the HD800.I much rather listen to the Yamaha CR-620 than the Schiit Vali for example. There is just so much 'epicness' with this unit. The sound boosts the bass by quite a bit but the HD800 needs it. Very powerful, clear and smooth sound. The NAD's is perhaps easier to get a hold of and sounds more controlled but still a good synergy with the clinical HD800. It...
If this don't move you tears and I don't know what will.
 According to measurements they are extremely similar, almost identical.http://rinchoi.blogspot.se/2013/05/jvc-ha-fxd60-fxd70-fxd80-nanotube.htmlWhen it comes to real life listening measurements can only say so much and I have no idea as I haven't done a side by side comparison.     One interesting aspect of the FXD70 is that when I wear them with a shallow or medium deep fit there are some nasty high frequency resonances which goes against  Rin Choi's theory that these...
 The lesser priced SRH940 would be in line with what you are describing.It's hard to get a soundstage like the HD800 with a closed design but I recommend trying out TB Isone which improves depth and imaging remarkably.That stuff is not a gimmick when finely calibrated.The problem with the SRH940 is build.
Don't know the Yamaha HPH 200 but I would put HD598 on top of all of that for sound, perhaps a notch lower for enjoyment. And the comfort for a well used and stretched pair is a 10.  Your list is a bit perplexing in a number of ways but that's life. Without the mysteries of to the universe it wouldn't be interesting.  Good effort putting this together.