Posts by Sweden

How many Spritzer built KGSSHV and GS-X MKII are there?
 I use J River. VERY easy to set up Isone unlike many other programs. You go to the DSP Studio and manage plug-ins and add the dll file and that's it.Isone and HD800 seem to be made for each other. It doesn't sound nearly as good with the Audezes.
I have tried a few of amps with the HD800, some expensive like Leben and DNA Audio, some less expensive like Vali, but the 35 watt Yamaha CR-620 from the late 70s is good enough to possibly be the one I settles with. Natural, powerful smooth sound with good clarity and soundstaging. The only thing is the bass. It has great analogue and slamming qualities but is a bit boomy. If you have the HD800 the program TB Isone will take them to a whole new level of soundstaging and...
 Check out the Isone thread instead.http://www.head-fi.org/t/473885/isone-pro-the-best-thing-you-could-ever-get-for-your-headphones-on-your-computer
They say that an expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field. Def not an expert yet but a few bad apples have passed me by. I've had a few vintage cans over the years that more belonged in the junk yard than on my head, but my expectations were so low so they weren't much of a disappointment so doesn't count.   Denon D5000 was a big disappointments. Gorgeous looking but that harsh etchy treble really killed me in the end....
We really need to add a new category to the soundstage club. Software! I can't listen to headphones anymore without DSP that gives you a larger, more layered and holographic soundstage. It have transformed my entire headphones experience with the HD800 particularly. TB Isone don't work well with all headphones but it's a match made in heaven with the HD800 and also work really well with HD598 and a few other. When I'm in the mood I also add some 'environment' and...
I have a thing for the Setton RS-660 and Pioneer QX9900.
Nothing 30 seconds worth of EQ can't fix. Boost bass from 20 Hz to 100 Hz and reduce the 6K peak. If you have an amp that can put out some real power and have a clear but smooth treble the HD800 can now produce amazing punchy and physical bass and a treble that don't bother you unless the source material really stinks.After trying out a bunch of good DACs they really provide minuscule benefit between each other compared to a program like TB Isone that takes the HD800 to...
We just went up to 33%.
How can you have missed the cake content?! This is just from one thread and small selection of the cake content. Follow the comments...