Posts by Sweden

Here they are in their full glory. I was obsessed with these headphones before I was obsessed with the sound of headphones. 
Where was that $2600?
 Great price. That makes me think there should be a second hand SR-009 in Japan for roughly 2500. How do the second hand market in Japan look for these items? Any interesting forums? Do you have to know someone in Japan to make it happen? 
What's the cheapest you guys have seen a used SR-009 sell for? (Japan and Korea included) I'm having a big itch. 
 If you get the PRIR perfect and calibrated with a world class calibrated listening room the headphones literally melt away on your head and you are hearing a world class speaker system not the headphones on your head. It's pretty amazing what that box can do. If you don't get it setup right it can sound dodgy. Mic placement in the ear is crucial. No comparison at all to dolby. The only thing I've tried that is any good in comparison is TB Isone, at least with HD800.
We all have different preferences. What kind of setup was it calibrated to and in what way was it only "interesting"? 
Before you have heard a good headphone through a properly calibrated Smyth Realiser I doubt you know what Nirvana through a headphone is, and I don't care if you have a SR-009 driven by a T2 or an Abyss driven by a LAu, unless you prefer the more between your ear type sound found in headphone as a result of their limitations. It's a total game changer compared to the minute differences between a good amp and a brilliant amp.   
If any HD800 owner haven't tried TB Isone you are missing out on so much what these headphones can do.  HD800 + Isone + Minimal Animal (2002) by Krumelur is pretty insane. I usually don't listen to psy but this is something else on these cans.  
I can see from the measurements that it's a typically consumer oriented style tuning with a lot of mid bass and a slightly to big 6k spike ala HD800.The bass seems tight and there is no ringing, so sibilance don't seem to be much of an issue. According to the reviewer (of which I have disagreed many times) the driver seem capable of producing fantastic resolution. All this makes me wonder what their upcoming in-ear will sound like.  
I'm interested in the offering and future offerings of Dynamic Motion. They seem to be extremely obscure here on head-fi. Anyone who listened to a pair?   http://en.goldenears.net/index.php?mid=GR_Earphones&document_srl=57025 Pretty good for such a cheap phone. Makes me curious how their better stuff sound.