Posts by chinook9

Apparently some of them were made in England. Thank you for the offer of the photo but that won't be necessary.  I will check around to get more information on the Mullard 7308 manufacture. At this point I don't own a decent Mullard.
  Where was the Mullard made?  I haven't really studied them, but I recollect having seen a number of Mullard 7308s and I don't believe any of them were made in England. 
  Thanks for the response geetarman49.  I received the Amperex 7308 yesterday.  I've only listened to it a couple of hours (and I fell asleep part of that) and I'm certainly not disappointed. Its as nice as the my Bugle Boy Heerlan, Holland version and may be even better.    I have been so surprised by these Amperex 6 volt tubes because they are so pleasing and yet very different from the Telefunkens.  I previously thought that the Telefunken E88CC was my most revealing...
  geetarman49, thanks for the reminder on the 6 volt tubes.  I had gotten carried away with the 12 volt black plate, triple micas and various variations of these tubes and completely ignored 6 volt tubes.   I had a white label Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 made in Heerland, Holland that I got for a very good price and so I tried it.  I was surprised how much I like it. I can't explain the sound but it is slightly different in a positive way, than any of my other tubes.    To...
Not sure if I can be of any help, but I am in US and will be in France and Italy early next month.  I'd be glad to bring a tube over and deliver or mail it.   For those of you who know more than I do, wouldn't an RCA ClearTop 12AU7 work for him....or possible an Amperex 6DJ8 BugleBoy.  I have both of these and they are cheap.  
  After listening to the CBS Hytron 5814A for a little while, I have to say that it is not really like any of the tubes I reviewed in the  previous post.     I read about people who don't like bright or dark sounding tubes and I think this is the tube for them.  Its so very  listenable.  Its very good in every area but is the best in none. Its not the most detailed because it doesn’t have that touch of  sibilance that serves to emphasizes the details.  It is s...
I'll listen to the CBS Hytron 5814 to refresh my memory and confirm what I'm thinking and then I'll give you my thoughts.
I was recently given the opportunity to try 14 tubes in my Sunrise II so I thought I would post these notes.  ...
  Sorry guys, but the verdict is that they don't fit.  I just received my set of angled NVX pads and they are way too small. There is no way I could have gotten them on. That's the bad news.    The good news is that they are just the right size for a pair of birds eye maple cups I am making for a set of T20RP drivers.  I don't expect the maple cups to improve on the DBV#3 sound, but they should look better if I don't mess them up.   Could anyone give me the source for...
 They may sound OK with the Cowan, however, the Fostex really bloom with a more powerful headphone amp. I originally drove my Fostex with an iBasso D10 portable. I thought that was pretty good, however, I now have a Project Sunrise II, and I could never go back.....in fact I will sell the iBasso D10. The modified Fostex and the Project Sunrise II are an amazing combination. Of course, that combination requires a DAC.