Posts by chinook9

Thanks for the quick reply Jeremy.  The printing is very, very light and I doubt it would photograph well, but it has the Voskhod "rocket" logo so if that's a good identifier, I have my answer.
Until this morning I had assumed that the 6N23P that came with my Sunrise was from the Reflector plant.  After some research on 6N23P tubes I now believe it comes from the Voskhod plant because it has the Voskhod rocket logo on it.    Does anyone know if I am correct about this?  I purchased the kit 7 months ago.
  Forgot...yes it is supported by a single post.
I sent you a PM.
geetarman49, here are the images......I hope        
I actually received the orange globes yesterday afternoon.  I'll post a picture of the getter...probably later today.   I have done some listening, but it gets rather confusing.  I now have three Amperex types of 6 volt tubes.  They are very similar and on a couple of occasions a tube has sounded somewhat different the second time I listen to it. A change in volume can make a lot of difference especially in the soundstage.  We'll see. 
geetarman49   Thought I would go ahead and try the dutch amperex pq ecc88 with a-frame, dimpled-disc getter.  Last night I got two hp branded made in Heerland.  Tubes not marked PQ but guys I play golf with were engineers for HP back in the day and they said HP had very high standards for their tubes so I expect these are the same.  It also appears that they fit the description given by Joe (of Joe's Lore) for the RCA tube of the same description.  These things have...
  I have the NVX pads and I couldn't make them fit the Fostex....way too tight.  They fit nicely onto some wooden cups I made but I like the sound better with the Shure 840 pads.  Keith developed his mods using the 840 pads so I suppose it would take some tuning to make the NVX pads sound as good.  I like the sound of the 840s so much thats all I use.
  I was taking a look at the tube you describe but most, if not all, were in China.  Have you ever had success buying tubes from China?  I always figured there was too much chance they were fakes.
  Apparently some of them were made in England. Thank you for the offer of the photo but that won't be necessary.  I will check around to get more information on the Mullard 7308 manufacture. At this point I don't own a decent Mullard.