or Connect

Posts by chinook9

And where can one get them for $600?...and does that include the amp?
I read earlier in this thread of someone looking for a good deal on a DAC.  I had seen some good deals but at the time I read the post I could not remember where.    Music Direct has a few that look like really good deals and I believe the iFi - Nano and the Peachtree Audio DACs are good ones at good prices.
Parts Connexion has good price on Burson Conductor SL ($599 or $749 depending on the DAC chip)  and Anedio D2 ($800+) is on good price on their website.  Both of these include headphone amp but that gives you an SS amp and a tube amp.  I just ordered a Marantz HD-DAC1 what I will also use with a Garage1217 Sunrise II. If I'm not impressed with the HD-DAC1, I will order either the Burson or the Anedio.
Mine came USPS.  I didn't even know they had Sunday delivery as an option. I'm burning them in right now but I did take a quick listen and they sounded better than I thought they would.  I'll listen a bunch later this evening.  I previously had HD558 that I did the "598" modifications on but I believe these sound better. I just bought them because they were such a good price.  I will probably give them to a nephew.  I already signed up for the AKG K7xx and I am shopping...
I ordered mine Friday and received them this morning (Sunday delivery).  Came from Las Vegas to Phoenix and had 2 day shipping.  I will go on Amazon later and make sure I didn't accidentally sign up for Prime.
 I would do it and take my chances.  The O2 may not be the best amp but It will probably be fine and you can always get a better amp later. I have owned the HD650 and I have listened to the LCD2.  I have owned the HD650 and they are totally different.  I did not think much of the HD650 because I thought they sounded really rolled off at the high end.
I have used both.  I use active NC IEMs now (Phiaton PS20).  I have had Bose headphones in the past.  The headphones are better than IEMs but I changed to IEMs when I decided to start traveling light.  I don't miss them at all.  The Phiatons are very good but I also have Audio Technica and Sony active NC IEMs which are more than satisfactory.  I pretty much only use them while watching movies on my phone on transoceanic flights.
 Not as good as the prevous low price from the outlet store but I might go for $468 myself.  Where is it?
I've been looking for a killer deal on a DAC/headphone amp or just DAC $750-$1000. Only thing I've seen is Burson Conductor SL9018 and they've been on sale for a while now.   Anyone seen anything?     EDIT: Also looking for Grado PS500 or RS1. (RS1 at BuySonic at $499 a little high, OK in CAD though.)
I'm on that HD598 wagon.  Now I just have to figure out what I'll do with them.