or Connect

Posts by chinook9

Looking for a better than average deal on HD800 (<$1000) or possibly HD700 (not sure what good deal is).  Please let me know if you see one.
Thanks for the info.  I have the LCD3 and I believe the sound signature is very much like the LCD2s so thats good information.
Thanks for the "warning."  I never gave that much thought, but I definitely will from here on out.
Thanks!  I have been considering them.  Would be easier to do if I knew I would like the 1793 as much as the 9018.  I've been intrigued with the sabre chips for quite a while but I've never heard one.
Has anyone seen any deals on headphone amps??   Looking for something like a $1000 amp at half price.   Solid state or tubes are OK but tube only if single tube (I have many tubes but don't know which are matched.)
I believe the deal with the Fostex (I have a couple of modified pairs) is that they are a relatively inexpensive ($100) planar (I think its planar) headphone that can be easily made into a very good/excellent ($300-$500) headphone by spending a couple of bucks and a couple of hours on relatively easy modifications.   Many people spend hours on their mods but the Fostex can be made very good in just a couple of hours and no special tools or skills are required.  You've just...
I checked the AmericanMusicandSound website and it appears they will send you a check. I would send the rebate form, upc, and receipt all in the same envelope.  Its better to keep them all together. Interesting that I ate lunch in Scottsdale yesterday.
Thanks for the heads-up.  Your post is a great reminder (I'd forget otherwise) and the link makes it so nice and easy for me. Thanks again.
 Many companies offer rebates because they know that they will only have to pay the rebate on a small percentage of sales.  One way they do this is to refuse to pay any rebate if the conditions of the rebate are not met exactly. READ the instructions for the rebate and do EXACTLY what they indicate.  If you do ONE single thing wrong they will refuse the rebate.....and by the time you learn they have refused it you will be too tired of messing around to fool with it. ...
Thanks for the info.  I'll check them out.