or Connect

Posts by chinook9

I believe that this pertains most, if not all, dynamic speakers and headphones.  Its all about the amp controlling the driver through the whole frequency spectrum.
Anyone know of any great deals on Philips X2?
I have believed for about 40+ years that most speakers/headphones sound better with more power and I expect the additional power of the Ember is what brought out the best of the HD650.  I have a Sunrise II and I will probably pick up an Ember in the next couple of weeks primarily for the additional power.
No, at that price they are a good deal and I'm sure I would enjoy owning another pair.  In fact, I'm considering it.
 A lot of people love the HD650 but many, including myself, believe the sound is veiled.  I owned a pair but sold them after a couple of weeks.  That said, I used them with a tube headamp and I might have like them more with a SS headamp.  Not sure because I never tried it.
Yes it was.  I picked up the HD598 which I really like but I'm still looking for a really great deal on  HD800 or possibly HD700.  I would get an HD600 but I'm not sure its much different than the HD598.  I had the HD650 a few months ago and sold it.  It was seriously veiled to me.
 Got a return e-mail within an hour.  I believe HD800 still a bit high at $1000 but I'm thinking about it.
 I just sent them an e-mail. 
 2 hours 15 minutes and still haven't been contacted by them.
Thanks for the info.  I did it but haven't heard from them yet.