or Connect

Posts by chinook9

If you have the money and a headphone amp the HD650 is a good place to start.  However, without an amp I'm not sure.
 I've owned the HD650 and sold them quickly.  They sounded very veiled to me.    From what I've read, if you really like the HD600 you would not like the HD650. I had the HD650 a year ago and I have the HD598 now.  Auditory memory is not real good but I believe I like the HD598 better than the HD650.   Of course you can cover yourself by buying the HD650 and selling the one that you like the least.  Its not likely to cost you a lot.
Newegg has a 240GB Crucial for $89.99 and $1.99 shipping.  This is an M500 which I believe gets good reviews for longevity.
 I believe so.  I've bought a few "demo" and "open box" items that came in sealed boxes.
This bad boy is on the way to me.  I had been looking at these but I thought I would wait a while and work my way up to it.  I couldn't pass it up at this price.
Just write out the name of the vendor. We do not need a link. EDIT:  I reread you post and now I understand.
Not sure how good of a deal this is but FullCompass has AKG K702 "B stock" on sale for $259.99........maybe not, just checked and Amazon has them for $258.
 I owned these for a couple of weeks last year.  I don't remember much but I did like them. You can do the mod to supposedly make them sound like the HD598.  I expect they are good for the money but I they can be had for around $100 all the time. If you can wait you might put a WTB in the headphone sales forum for the HD598 and see what pops up.  Plenty of people got these for $98 and many will be looking to sell after they've listened to them a bit.  I like the HD598 and...
 Probably not great.  They're available on ebay right now in white for $169 and free shipping and that is brand new.  Also, they can probably be had for less because the seller has a "Make Offer" on there also.  Probably take $155 or $160. 
Haven't been able to find any great deals on headphones in the last couple of weeks and I was getting a little down but just received e-mail that lifted my spirits.    My Massdrop AKG K7XX have shipped.  Must be one of the first ones shipped.  I bought on 11/24 but don't believe I was one of the buyers to get a number in the first couple of hundred.