Posts by chinook9

Got a return e-mail within an hour.  I believe HD800 still a bit high at $1000 but I'm thinking about it.
 I just sent them an e-mail. 
 2 hours 15 minutes and still haven't been contacted by them.
Thanks for the info.  I did it but haven't heard from them yet.
Looking for a better than average deal on HD800 (<$1000) or possibly HD700 (not sure what good deal is).  Please let me know if you see one.
Thanks for the info.  I have the LCD3 and I believe the sound signature is very much like the LCD2s so thats good information.
Thanks for the "warning."  I never gave that much thought, but I definitely will from here on out.
Thanks!  I have been considering them.  Would be easier to do if I knew I would like the 1793 as much as the 9018.  I've been intrigued with the sabre chips for quite a while but I've never heard one.
Has anyone seen any deals on headphone amps??   Looking for something like a $1000 amp at half price.   Solid state or tubes are OK but tube only if single tube (I have many tubes but don't know which are matched.)
I believe the deal with the Fostex (I have a couple of modified pairs) is that they are a relatively inexpensive ($100) planar (I think its planar) headphone that can be easily made into a very good/excellent ($300-$500) headphone by spending a couple of bucks and a couple of hours on relatively easy modifications.   Many people spend hours on their mods but the Fostex can be made very good in just a couple of hours and no special tools or skills are required.  You've just...