Posts by chinook9

Thank you both for the information and the useful links.  The cables on eBay and Amazon are Micro-B to regular USB (whatever that is called) and I would prefer to go directly to Mini-B but I can use them.  I did find one web page (usb.brando.com) with the Micro-B male to the Mini-B male but I haven't checked them out yet to determine if they're reputable. I expect I'll do that later today.   I don't have the Samsung phone at this point but I probably will, at least...
I am trying to determine if a US Samsung Galaxy S3 will output a digital audio stream that will work with my iBasso D10.   In order to do this I need to obtain a USB cable to connect them.  I know the D10 accepts a Mini-B male end but I'm not sure that the S3 accepts the Micro-B male end which I expect is 5 pin.   I would like to know an answer to this question and where I can buy such a cable.   Any help would be appreciated.
I just realized I posted this in the wrong section.  I thought I was in the Portable Headphone Amps section.  I would appreciate it if a moderator could delete it. I will repost in the correct section.  
I remember reading somewhere that fakes of these are quite common.  I believe there is a thread where someone described how to tell the fakes from the genuine article.  It described how the fake logo differs from the genuine one.  
I am trying to determine if a US Samsung Galaxy S3 will output a digital audio stream that will work with my iBasso D10.   In order to do this I need to obtain a USB cable to connect them.  I know the D10 accepts a Mini-B male end but I'm not sure that the S3 accepts the Micro-B male end which I expect is 5 pin.   I would like to know an answer to this question and where I can buy such a cable.   Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for the information on the Cowan D3 and the Meizu.  I found a couple of D3s on eBay which I will follow.  The D3 does get some criticism for being slow but I'll do more research on that.  The Z2 is available but I'm not sure it has the same digital outputs as the D3.  I'll check it out. The Meizu looks very good but I doubt it will work with Verizon here in the US.  I'll check that out also.   At this point it appears that the Samsung S3 is my best option...
I just found a video on YouTube of someone demonstrating the USB audio functionality of the S3 into a Topping TP30 USB DAC/Pre-amp.  The search continues...  
I did some searching but it appears that the iRiver products are nowhere to be found....apparently obsolete.  Not even available on eBay.   I could buy a Samsung S3, in the US, but its hard to understand the threads on this because of the technical nature of the topic, the ongoing changes in the technology, and all the acronyms being used.  I believe the S3 does require some modifications but I will have to research that quite a bit.   Thanks to all posters.  All...
Thank you to those of you that have responded.   I want to clarify that the D10 has a DAC that works wonderfully and a really good amp section.  What I'm looking for is a portable music player that will output a digital audio stream into the D10 either via USB or optical cable.  Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my post.   The DX-100 and HifiMan products are possibilites but they seem to be somewhat expensive.  I searched on the S:Flo2 and they don't seem to...
I don't listen to music a lot but I have recently spent some time listening to my Triplefi 10s running the optical output from my PC into my iBasso D10.  My PC is in the basement and I want this SQ when sitting in the family room (wife watching TV).     In the family room I use the triplefis and the D10 but I have an analog audio source (Sansa Clip+).  I want to replace the Clip+ with something that will output the digital stream into the D10 (it has usb, optical,...