Posts by chinook9

Many companies offer rebates because they know that they will only have to pay the rebate on a small percentage of sales.  One way they do this is to refuse to pay any rebate if the conditions of the rebate are not met exactly. READ the instructions for the rebate and do EXACTLY what they indicate.  If you do ONE single thing wrong they will refuse the rebate.....and by the time you learn they have refused it you will be too tired of messing around to fool with it. ...
Thanks for the info.  I'll check them out.
 And where can one get them for $600?...and does that include the amp?
I read earlier in this thread of someone looking for a good deal on a DAC.  I had seen some good deals but at the time I read the post I could not remember where.    Music Direct has a few that look like really good deals and I believe the iFi - Nano and the Peachtree Audio DACs are good ones at good prices.
Parts Connexion has good price on Burson Conductor SL ($599 or $749 depending on the DAC chip)  and Anedio D2 ($800+) is on good price on their website.  Both of these include headphone amp but that gives you an SS amp and a tube amp.  I just ordered a Marantz HD-DAC1 what I will also use with a Garage1217 Sunrise II. If I'm not impressed with the HD-DAC1, I will order either the Burson or the Anedio.
Mine came USPS.  I didn't even know they had Sunday delivery as an option. I'm burning them in right now but I did take a quick listen and they sounded better than I thought they would.  I'll listen a bunch later this evening.  I previously had HD558 that I did the "598" modifications on but I believe these sound better. I just bought them because they were such a good price.  I will probably give them to a nephew.  I already signed up for the AKG K7xx and I am shopping...
I ordered mine Friday and received them this morning (Sunday delivery).  Came from Las Vegas to Phoenix and had 2 day shipping.  I will go on Amazon later and make sure I didn't accidentally sign up for Prime.
 I would do it and take my chances.  The O2 may not be the best amp but It will probably be fine and you can always get a better amp later. I have owned the HD650 and I have listened to the LCD2.  I have owned the HD650 and they are totally different.  I did not think much of the HD650 because I thought they sounded really rolled off at the high end.
I have used both.  I use active NC IEMs now (Phiaton PS20).  I have had Bose headphones in the past.  The headphones are better than IEMs but I changed to IEMs when I decided to start traveling light.  I don't miss them at all.  The Phiatons are very good but I also have Audio Technica and Sony active NC IEMs which are more than satisfactory.  I pretty much only use them while watching movies on my phone on transoceanic flights.
 Not as good as the prevous low price from the outlet store but I might go for $468 myself.  Where is it?