Posts by chinook9

Thank you stupidmop.  I expect they would perform quite similarly in Sunrise II as the Indeed.   What about Raytheon blackplate windmill getter?  They're about the same price.  Or, something you liked better?   Thank you.
Anyone heard the fabled (Joe's Tube Law) 50's Sylvania 5751 black plate, triple mica in a Sunrise?  I am considering trying but they go for around $100 and I don't know if the design of the Sunrise lends itself to use of 5751s.  
Thank you for the reply.  I would have done it at $49 but not $59 because I doubt they'll help the sound much and I don't have a problem with comfort.   I'll still keep my eyes open for a sale however.  
Anybody know what happened to the price of Mr. Speakers Alpha Pads.  I had checked them before and they were $49 but now I'm getting $59 plus shipping.     Was there a sale before or did the prices just go up?    Is there a coupon somewhere?
They are easy to drive, but they can really use the power which will bring out the best the headphones have to offer.  Now that I have my Project Sunrise II, I can't even listen to my Fostex using my iBasso D10. 
Has anyone tried the Mr. Speakers Alpha pads with any of the DBV mods.  It seems that the 840 pads fit my head OK, but a tighter fit might help and I know the 840 pads are a little loose below my ears.
Not sure what you might be interested in but the following is a 6AQ8 Mullard for $13.99 including shipping.  If I didn't already have 3 Mullards I'd get it just for grins. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mullard-6AQ8-ECC85-Stereo-Tube-Balanced-Strong-/330865475957?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4d091e8175  
I use PowerAmp and it seems to be the best one.  I don't think the player should make a difference but you might go ahead and try another one just to make sure.   I have a D10 and it works flawlessly.  I expect you might approach this now as though the problem is in the D10 and not in the phone.  Of course, as soon as you input another USB audio source and it works, you've ruled out a problem with the D10.   Make sure the battery in the D10 is fully charged.   Try...
http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Meter-HY2403L-Supply-Variable-Single/dp/B0094BPSL2/ref=sr_1_67?ie=UTF8&qid=1359822511&sr=8-67&keywords=24+volt++regulated+power+supply   Would this work?   Anyone know if replacing the wall wart with something like this should be an improvement?   I have a Musical Fidelity V-DAC and the Paradox regulated power supply reportedly made a huge improvement. I wouldn't know because I haven't heard it without the Paradox, but I do believe it. 
Well guys, I found what I was looking for.  Now I just have to decide whether to do it, how to go about it, and if it would be worth the effort.  I think I will probably do some reading on basic speaker design before I expend much effort..