Posts by chinook9

Me too!  Best offer I have had is $999 from BuySonic but I would like better than that.
I would be really interested in hearing about any modding.possibilities, and, of course, Keith is the man!
Merry Christmas Keith!
  The serial number is on the inside of the left headband.  It matches the H-SNo.
I am the very very happy owner of K7XX #184 which I've had for a few days now.    I posted, in another thread, that I had received them and MrEleventy responded indicating they definitely need an amp and providing the following link:  http://lsirui.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/k701-vs-hd650-electrical-measurement/   Based on the findings by that author I expect the K7XX can use serious power to meet their full potential.    Didn't know if this information is somewhere...
Sonic Sense has them on eBay for $559.   Hope I don't regret not getting them.
 Thank you.  This is excellent information.   It explains a lot.
These are my first AKG so I can't compare.  I do have enough power so that should not be a problem.  I expect the NOS DAC and the tube amp will smooth out the highs, however, I expect those two together will be a little too much.  We'll see.
Massdrop K7XX Serial# 184 are in the house and burning in.  Listened to them a little and just about as expected.  Nice soundstage.  Nice mid-bass. A little lean.  We'll see what burn-in does.   Looking forward to seeing how they sound with NOS DAC and also tube amp.  So many options.
 That explains it.  Thank you!