or Connect

Posts by chinook9

I was not sure that the PayPal rep was 100% accurate but it was weird enough that I ordered the headphones locally for a few more bucks.   I have been verified in PayPal for eons and have been active with them in the last couple of weeks. Never any problems like this.   I know of others who have ordered the exact same headphones with success so I thought I'd try it, but Gearbest probably has the worst feedback of any internet vendor I have ever ordered from.  What's...
I made a call to PayPal.   While I was on the phone with them, I received an e-mail that appeared to be from PayPal. The Subject was ""my name" why your PayPal transaction was declined."  The message was that I did not have a bank account linked to PayPal or needed to raise my limit.    The PayPal representative said this was a bogus e-mail and was not from PayPal.  She went on to say that the payment was probably declined because PayPal has problems with the vendor....
Monday evening I went to the Gearbest site, ordered a pair of headphones and paid with PayPal.  Everything seemed to go fine,   Went to the Gearbest site yesterday to check on progress of the order and the order was indicated as awaiting payment.   Surprised at the "Awaiting Payment" I went into my PayPal account and checked to see if the account showed a payment to Gearbest.  It did not.   I went back to the Gearbest account, clicked on the "Pay with PayPal" link...
Thank you Yoga, for the recommendation.  I will try it in the next couple of days.
I have purchased the headphone plugin and have it working well on Windows 10 in Foobar.   I'd like to use the plugin on my MacBook also but I don't want to have to buy JRiver.  Does the plugin work with any of the free or relatively inexpensive music players for Mac?
 Thank you. I will probably try Yohng's VST adapter.I was having trouble with the Win 10 upgrade on that machine so I wiped it and did a complete new Win 10 install. I've got the plugin working but I can get the up-sampling to 24/192 to work. I can get a 192KHZ test tone but cant get 192Khz out of Foobar.I just realized that Win 10 probably cannot pass through 24/192 so I'lI probably have to change it to 16/192. I'll try that tomorrow.Thanks again.EDIT: Changed Win 10...
 I got the plugin working on a MacBook using JRiver but I want to try it on my Windows 10 laptop. Everything goes fine on the Windows 10 laptop until the activation.  The only way I could see to activate the plugin was to highlight Sonarworks in the DSP Manager and click on "Configure Selected."  At this point the activation screen shows up but everything locks up completely.
 I agree with Bob on the value of this buy.  I have owned a number of much more expensive headphones and these were a heck of a deal.  I really enjoy them and they really get me going.  I thought that the K7XX was a steal but I consider these X2 even moreso. 
I'm pretty sure mine was the only one available that just mentioned a blemish on the packaging.  The description turned out to be correct and the blemish was hard to notice even.
 Mine was just like new.  Not sure if it had ever been out of the box. I am thrilled with them.  I have the LCD3 which is clearly more refined but the X2 really gets me involved.