or Connect

Posts by chinook9

I agree with Bob on the value of this buy.  I have owned a number of much more expensive headphones and these were a heck of a deal.  I really enjoy them and they really get me going.  I thought that the K7XX was a steal but I consider these X2 even moreso. 
I'm pretty sure mine was the only one available that just mentioned a blemish on the packaging.  The description turned out to be correct and the blemish was hard to notice even.
 Mine was just like new.  Not sure if it had ever been out of the box. I am thrilled with them.  I have the LCD3 which is clearly more refined but the X2 really gets me involved.
Pretty sure you won't find it.  ifi apparently controls the price of their products pretty well.  There was one on eBay a couple of months ago for a lot less but it was taken down after a couple of days. Good luck because it gets great reviews.
Thanks you. Just ordered one.  I was really impressed by the sound of the Uptown and Downtown a few years ago and I expect I will like the X2s. For other who don't want to spend quite that much, I just received and e-mail from Massdrop with the Fidelio L1 at $119.99.  Don't know much about these but I expect thats a pretty good headphone for the price.
smaragd thank you for the information.  I'll check prices as I get closer to my trip date.
I am planning a trip to Hong Kong in a few months.  Does anyone know the going price for Audio Technica Audio ATH AD2000X in Hong Kong.  I believe that is one headphone that I can get in HK for much less than in US.
Thanks for the recommendation Oktyabr.  I'll read up on all three.  I expect I'll end up buying one or more AKGs.  I figure as long as I get a decent price, I can always sell them and not lose too much.   Thanks again.
I've had my K7XX for a couple of months now and I really enjoy the very wide soundstage and the spacing of the instruments....like the sound is coming from outside the headphone cups. In looking for something I'd like even more than the K7XX, the logical choice seems to be the AKG K812.   Anyone heard any headphones that do what I want.?  I think I'd describe what I want as the very wide soundstage of the K7XX with possibly more detail and even greater clarity/fluidity.
 I expect the K7XX will work for you.  I listen to them a lot primarily because of the soundstage.  If possible, you should also listen to some Grado's. I believe the strength of the K7XX is the soundstage.  I was surprised by it.