Posts by chinook9

Thanks you. Just ordered one.  I was really impressed by the sound of the Uptown and Downtown a few years ago and I expect I will like the X2s. For other who don't want to spend quite that much, I just received and e-mail from Massdrop with the Fidelio L1 at $119.99.  Don't know much about these but I expect thats a pretty good headphone for the price.
smaragd thank you for the information.  I'll check prices as I get closer to my trip date.
I am planning a trip to Hong Kong in a few months.  Does anyone know the going price for Audio Technica Audio ATH AD2000X in Hong Kong.  I believe that is one headphone that I can get in HK for much less than in US.
Thanks for the recommendation Oktyabr.  I'll read up on all three.  I expect I'll end up buying one or more AKGs.  I figure as long as I get a decent price, I can always sell them and not lose too much.   Thanks again.
I've had my K7XX for a couple of months now and I really enjoy the very wide soundstage and the spacing of the instruments....like the sound is coming from outside the headphone cups. In looking for something I'd like even more than the K7XX, the logical choice seems to be the AKG K812.   Anyone heard any headphones that do what I want.?  I think I'd describe what I want as the very wide soundstage of the K7XX with possibly more detail and even greater clarity/fluidity.
 I expect the K7XX will work for you.  I listen to them a lot primarily because of the soundstage.  If possible, you should also listen to some Grado's. I believe the strength of the K7XX is the soundstage.  I was surprised by it.
In choosing an amp for the K7XX go for the most power you can get.  They really need power to bloom.  Earlier in this thread I provided a link to an article describing a study that showed the K7XX really needs the power. The Matrix M-Stage, for instance is a really nice amp, and I'm sure it sounds good but IMO it really does not have enough power for the K7XX.  Even though I have a Burson Soloist I plan on getting a project Ember in the near future as a "more Powerful"...
At 300 ohms the Schiit Asgard 2 puts out 380mW.  Sorry but I don't believe that is near enough to make the HD650 bloom. 
What's the lowest these have been?  CCC shows $313 but we know thats not right.
Sorry but I was wrong about the phone number.  I sent them an e-mail and the main man (forget the name) responded very quickly.