Posts by chinook9

The NOS DAC sounds excellent but, from what I've heard so far, I like oversampling DACs a bit more. I have a Marantz HD-DAC1 that I will  try in a bit, but I'm pretty sure that there are other DACs out there that I will like better.   We'll see....Part of my hobby is buying and trying these components. I will check the reviews on the Rega DAC. 
Any recommendations for a USB DAC that does justice to the Soloist.   I just received mine and I was blown away just using an inexpensive ($250) Teradak NOS DAC and the Massdrop AKG K7XX.  Haven't even tried the LCD-3s yet.   I am looking for a DAC that does not include a headamp.  I just don't want to pay for a headamp when I will never use it.   My budget is <$1000 but I would be much happier around $500...on sale.
I don't have a link.  It was one of their deals where I had to send them a message on their website and they got back to me with an e-mail.  If you call them I expect there is a chance they might do it.
Me too!  Best offer I have had is $999 from BuySonic but I would like better than that.
I would be really interested in hearing about any modding.possibilities, and, of course, Keith is the man!
Merry Christmas Keith!
  The serial number is on the inside of the left headband.  It matches the H-SNo.
I am the very very happy owner of K7XX #184 which I've had for a few days now.    I posted, in another thread, that I had received them and MrEleventy responded indicating they definitely need an amp and providing the following link:  http://lsirui.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/k701-vs-hd650-electrical-measurement/   Based on the findings by that author I expect the K7XX can use serious power to meet their full potential.    Didn't know if this information is somewhere...
Sonic Sense has them on eBay for $559.   Hope I don't regret not getting them.
 Thank you.  This is excellent information.   It explains a lot.