Posts by chinook9

When comparing tubes, try to equalize the sound power level before making the comparison.  You probably know that changing volume makes a significant difference in perception so it just makes sense to compare tubes at the same volume. 
 I suggest you make yourself a practice rig of some type so you can practice this before attempting it on the driver.  I think just tinning a couple of pieces of wire, maybe with a blob of solder on one of them, letting them cool and the soldering them together just as fleasbaby describes. The key is that you only put enough heat into the solder on the driver to melt the solder and then immediately remove the heat.  It is worth quite a bit of practice in order to minimize...
There are many good amps to drive the T90.  I use the Sunrise II from Garage1217.  Check out the amps they have I'm pretty sure all will do the job as the T90 are not difficult to drive.  The Sunrise II is a single tube amp which I really like.  Garage1217 also has a few other amps and they're all great amps and an excellent value for the money.  They can also be bought as built or in kit form.  If you have any soldering experience at all the kits are easy to...
1977 should be a good tube.  My experience with Russian tubes is that anything earlier than mid 80s is good.  I'm not sure the really early ones are better.  I have a 1963 6N23P and I'm not impressed by it at all.  Its a good tube but not better than some later models I have.
Looks like you're set.  I consider the TF E88CC my best tube.  I expect it also my most valuable, however, I don't plan on selling it.  I got it at an excellent price from a friend who bought a dozen of them.
 That should be a good tube.  As far as the cost, if you want it, you just have to pay it and move on.  I have 30+ tubes ranging in price from $3 to $140 and the difference is very slight in any of them, however, I enjoy playing with them.  Also, we can always put them back up on eBay and get some of our money back. 
6N6P is a good one for the Sunrise.  I have never heard or even read about the 6N27P but I'd be interested in what you think.  According to my reference document, the logo indicates it is an older model from the Reflector plant, however, I'm not sure how accurate my source is.  Presently there are some of these tubes on eBay with what is reported to be the newer Reflector logo and these are 1969 vintage. Can you read the year on it?
You've got it.   I have not experienced noticeable difference in sound quality between high gain and low gain tubes, however, I seem to remember that when I studied tubes, back in the mid 60s, I learned that high gain tubes had more potential to emphasize noise.  I don't believe any of my "favorite" tubes are high gain tubes.
I'm not sure I've seen a comparison in one guide.  The following link has a video that is helpful for 12 volt tubes. http://www.thetubestore.com/Gain-Factor