Posts by yepimonfire

anyone know anything about the m-30s?
  this is not entirely true. ever heard a binaural recording? we only have two ears, and we can only hear two sources of sound, the spatial cues our brain picks up such as phase, frequency attentuation, etc, are how we hear an infinite amount of locations in sound, beleive it or not, our brain interpolates a very large amount of information it receives from all our senses. dolby headphone can apply the same principles that are used in binaural recording and use it to...
yes, like i said i'm not looking to buy them, i'm asking about the M50's in comparison.
Recently i was over at my dad's and he had a pair of ATH 40f/s or something similar to that, can't remember the exact model (or maybe that is it?) Anyways i remember the sound they had and the detail and nuances they brought out to be simply amazing, they actually gave me a big wide smile on my face and i remember saying out loud "this is F****** awesome" the only gripe i had about them was they had very little bass at all. I've spent a lot of time (and money) goofing...
this is true, AAC is significantly better then MP3, AAC sounds nearly transparent at all bitrates above 160kbps. ABX tests on AAC at 256kbps show random non-musical information removed, almost like white noise. AAC also no matter what bitrate you use retains crispness, especially in the high frequencies, MP3 ruins high frequencies at lower bitrates.
no, most likely you will not hear a difference, but i do 320 anyways because i feel better about it assuming you are using a recent algorithm, mp3 becomes transparent at 160kbps, wma is a slightly better codec then mp3 but only good at higher bitrates because the artifacts screw with the low end a lot, i personally do not like wma because of this. AAC is the best codec when it comes to transparency, it is very difficult to tell the difference between 128kbps AAC and the...
maybe its intentional? ive seen many headphones with a similar dip at 5khz. our ears hear frequency response way different when the drivers are in such close proximity to our ears, which i know is why nearly all headphones roll off after 10khz because it would literally feel like pushing toothpicks into our ears if it were flat to 20khz, unlike a speaker which goes up to 20khz flat. never the less these headphones sound awesome. especially considering i paid 30 bucks for...
i noticed the frequency response graph for my Koss UR-29's shows a 25dB dip at about 5khz, the thing is i don't hear a 25dB dip in them. i have a pair of polk monitor 40 speakers as a reference in sound, when i put on these headphones they don't seem to have that extreme of a deviation, using an EQ to individually increase the problem frequencies according to heaphones' graph makes the headphones sound way way off. without the EQ they sound relatively neutral.