or Connect

Posts by yepimonfire

Thank you, couldn't have said it better myself. Black metal is one of those things where its just too extreme ad so many people find it hard to understand and listen to. Its just one of those things. I find it to be an aquired taste. It's one of the few things i will sit down and listen to an entire album and take it all in and appreciate every subtle layer of its complexity.
ORLY? Dimmu Borgir rarely incorporates anything you just spoke of all the time, thats just one example. Dark Fortress, Fearscape, Immortal, Keep of Kalessin, Lunar Aurora, Horn, none of those bands have anything remotely in common with eachother. Expand your horizons, there is a lot of crappy copycat black metal. Ever heard a band that sounds like Satyricon? No? Well that's because they don't exist, ever heard a band that sounds like Immortal? No? Same response as...
anything by coldplay or the killers, although, headphones don't really have much of a soundstage like speakers do...
  what is it exactly you don't like about most black metal? black metal is its own genre of metal and rarely ever does it sound even remotely the same across all bands, black metal is more about the atmosphere it invokes rather then having a specific sound. im sure i can add a bunch more bands to that list of yours  
    used to think so as well, musepack is good, but not very compatible. you know how to do ABX testing? take a CD, rip a song into wave, ogg at 256, then aac at 256. use an audio editing program such as audacity, import both the wav and OGG or AAC file (the aac file will have to be reconverted into wave before importing it as audacity does not natively support AAC) now select one of the two stereo tracks (the whole track) but not both, and go into the effects tab and...
Thanks, now how do you get the plugin to show up and work? It's not showing up under the DSP section on foobar.
Well, for one, ipods have very good DAC's. play a bunch of random test tone sine waves and you will hear perfect tones generated even down to the low low frequencies where most portables fail miserably, alot of MP3 players generate serious harmonic distortion or have a "tremelo" effect on some frequencies or you will hear other distortions that sound like ringing, buzzing, etc. all of this due to a lousy DAC. They have great battery life, and good durability. There are...
I haven't been able to get the plugin to work with foobar or winamp. The VST wrapper for winamp tells me it is not a valid vst plugin, the vst wrapper for foobar, well, it just never shows up in the list of plugins on G.Y.'s vst wrapper, even though i have configured the vst folders and put the TB_Isone.dll file into the folder. Nothing. Any suggestions?
also considering the AD700's like the flat response graph, seems to have a similar response curve in the bass as the Koss UR-29's i have.