Posts by yepimonfire

title
FYI they're not owned by monster anymore.
there is absolutely none of that. that's one of the best things about the AD900 IMO, they're tight and fast across the entire freq. range.
i don't think being bright IS fast. for example, i have a pair of etymotic HF5's that pretty much suck past 16khz and aren't anywhere close to bright, but they are very fast and bring out a lot of detail. I also have a pair of AD900's that are very fast and aren't bright. I had AD700's that were fast and ridiculously bright, i had a pair of Q701's which weren't even remotely bright that were fast. I don't think bloated bass will make a headphone sound slow either. I had...
If you want "normal" sounding bass, they have plenty, but they're not going to hit you like an earthquake like the Sony XB's. Nothing wrong with the senn's, just nobody has commented on them. i don't own them and i have never owned them so i can't really make a comparison myself. Speaking of frequency response, i noticed you mentioned they looked "all over the place". That's normal for a headphone, they have to compensate for our ears own frequency response because the...
i can't find any information on the output impedance of the komplete 6, but i can say that it lists it's power output at 20mW at 100ohms and only 11mW at 33 ohms. to me, this suggests it isn't a low output impedance, as the main reason the output would go down with a lower impedance load is due to a higher output impedance causing a voltage drop on low impedance phones. if you take a look at any low output impedance amps, you will see that the output goes UP with lower...
the biggest thing to consider is the output impedance. it needs to be 1/8th of whatever the impedance the headphones are AT MINIMUM. Theoretically 0 ohms would be ideal. for extremely wide soundstage and neutral accurate sound, i would give the ATH AD900 a try. i owned both the Q701 and the AD900 and did a comparison between the two, which i go into detail about here if you're interested. http://www.head-fi.org/t/630688/akg-q701-vs-ath-ad900-as-an-ad700-upgrade   to put...
Thank you for taking our Pitch Discrimination Test at http://musicianbrain.com/pitchtest. At 500 Hz you can reliably hear pitch differences of 1.15625 Hz, which means you did better than approximately 96.2% of people who took our test! How will your friends do? Share this test online, or forward this email to find out! For more information check out http://musicianbrain.com/td_faq.htm. -- Music and Neuroimaging Laboratory Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and...
i think 90% of the time a person can figure out what headphone they should purchase just by reading other threads involving said headphone. i've made all but one purchase this way, and guess what? i ended up getting what i thought i was going to get each time just by reading others impressions. in other words, i got what i expected. if that makes sense.    read reviews, read recommendation threads, look at graphs, learn about the headphone, and often times you can get a...