Posts by hiplytragic

Finally made the jump to Rockbox on my iPod Video 5.5 (wanted to try out Crossfeed logic & ReplayGain) and initially I am impressed by the ease with which I was able to install Rockbox in just a few clicks. Equally impressed that I could uninstall/re-install really easy (had a few mis-starts).   I've been listening for the past couple of hours or so (with default Crossfeed on) and I like what it does. I decided to turn it off for now and play with it later on but...
Electronics for less carries a few brands (Shure, Senn, Monster). Bought my SE535 from them and was pleased at the price and the fast shipping.   http://www.electronicsforless.ca/audio-3/earphones-headphones-38/ 
Joe Jackson - Be My Number 2 The Raconteurs - You Don't Understand Me Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus Eddie Vedder - Hard Sun Foo Fighters - Baker Street (Cover) Sarah McLachlan - Elsewhere (from The Freedom Sessions) Smashing Pumpkins - today Supertramp - Waiting So Long Wolfmother - Sundial
been listening to these for the past 7 - 8 weeks now and have to say that I absolutely love almost every aspect of them. soundstage is wide/detailed and very dynamic. spectrum is fairly well balanced for my tastes (which includes classical/baroque to adult alt, grunge, and garage rock/blues) and I love the way vocals are presented. one downside is the cable microphonics which I find to be pretty high when compared to the ES cable from Westone. anyone have any thoughts on...
Wow - the cable that came with my SF5Pros which is purportedly the same as on the TF10 would rank as worst ever IMO.
My vote is for the Westone cable. I'm assuming the Westone UM3X (which I have never had) uses the ES Cable (which I used with my UE SF5Pros). I loved the suppleness of that cable and the very low microphonics. The braiding also looks cool and I noticed significant improvement in detail over the stock UE cable. I only had it for about 3 months so I can't speak much to its durability though. I now have the Shure 535 and love the tank-build quality of the cable but find the...
http://www.westone.com/catalog/elite-series-monitor-replacement-cables   I used this cable with my UE SF5Pros for about three months but have since parted ways with that IEM so I have no use for this cable. It has not been modded (the pins are original length).   Asking $25 US plus actual shipping (expect $5 to $7). Payment via PayPal gift (buyer assumes any PayPal charges).  
If you go with IEMs you may want to look at Shure 535 (or less expensive 425). I just got the 535 clears and love that they are very un-noticeable when in use. Nex to nil leakage (at reasonable volume levels) and the shell fits very nicely in the outer ear with very little protrusion.   For that matter, many IEMs fit the bill however the downside is a bit of awkwardness when someone comes up and starts talking to you w/o realizing you can't hear them until you unplug...
Well it turns out I don't have a blown driver after all! At least I don't think so. It seems it was simply the driver rattling a bit because the foam insert had worn out and was not properly retaining the driver in the casing. Boy do I feel silly now but I am glad I did not throw them out.   At any rate, all I need is a new headband, new ear pads (with foam inserts ). I am pretty sure I'll find this on-line but for now I cannibalized a pair of DT331s for the head...
  ph4tandy - no worries!   To get this thread back on track, it seems like I should hold out for the new UE700s. Who knows, maybe Logitech will improve build quality with this new version.   PS: AFAIK, SF5P and TF10 share the same cable (which is why they still have problems and in part why there are so many DIY replacements).