Posts by Windsor

After recently upgrading to the HDVD800/HD800 I've noticed that my ears have been ringing a bit after my listening sessions, so I decided to give the "Anaxilus" mod another try using 2' rubber with foam attached to it. After some music listening via my rig last night following my reimplementation of this mod, today my ears are perfectly fine and clear! I love this mod; it's healthy, sound fun! Big thanks to all contributing to the development of the "Anaxilus" mod!
 I'm glad you're enjoying the HDVA 600. I'm loving my HDVD 800/HD 800 combo more and more and am quite used to it as my main headphone rig now. When listening with it, there have been a few times that I've been curious about my other headphones - primarily Senns at the moment inc the HD 600, Amperior, MOMENTUM, etc - and how they would sound with whatever recording I'm listening to, and after checking those alternatives I've went straight back to the HD 800/HDVD 800 combo...
I don't know if you know about the following but something that may be of interest to you is the Schiit Wyrd. Apparently it's an excellent product for cleaning up the signal of a system's USB connection and could be just the thing to provide sound resolve with your HDVD 800 used in USB mode.
 Another top tip - thanks!
Thanks for your thoughtful response - like I'm sure the Wyrd will, it's really cleared things up!Oh, and I love the beautiful pictures you linked to in your signature. Right up my street!
Hi there. I am selling my Black Dragon v2 HD 800 cable. It is 10ft and is terminated with a gold plated 1/4" connected. This cable is in immaculate conditon and retails for $345 brand new from Moon Audio. I am only seeling it because I just upgraded to a balanced setup for the HD 800 and this excellent cable is in the cupboard doing nothing and I would like to see it go to a caring owner. The Black Dragon is a very robust cable and soncially does an excellent job of...
Nice thread here, Musikalidin :) Have you tried the Sennheiser HDVD 800 with the HD 800? I've had the HD 800 for a few years and am finding that the HDVD 800 and balanced cable work a treat together with great synergy.
I just got the Sennheiser HDVD 800 and balanced Sennheiser cable for my HD 800 which I'm using with a 2008 MacBook Pro connected to a surge protected power extension bar with a Wireworld Status 7 power cable and a Starlight 7 USB cable and am enjoying it a lot so far, when I've listened. Getting a Wyrd has crossed my mind too and the obvious thing that comes up is that the USB cable of the Wyrd will probably affect the sound and upgrading the stock Wyrd cable may be...
I highly recommend the HDVD 800 with the balanced cable!
 I hadn't considered that and will look into it. Thanks for the tip! :)