Posts by Windsor

I don't know if you know about the following but something that may be of interest to you is the Schiit Wyrd. Apparently it's an excellent product for cleaning up the signal of a system's USB connection and could be just the thing to provide sound resolve with your HDVD 800 used in USB mode.
 Another top tip - thanks!
Thanks for your thoughtful response - like I'm sure the Wyrd will, it's really cleared things up!Oh, and I love the beautiful pictures you linked to in your signature. Right up my street!
Hi there. I am selling my Black Dragon v2 HD 800 cable. It is 10ft and is terminated with a gold plated 1/4" connected. This cable is in immaculate conditon and retails for $345 brand new from Moon Audio. I am only seeling it because I just upgraded to a balanced setup for the HD 800 and this excellent cable is in the cupboard doing nothing and I would like to see it go to a caring owner. The Black Dragon is a very robust cable and soncially does an excellent job of...
Nice thread here, Musikalidin :) Have you tried the Sennheiser HDVD 800 with the HD 800? I've had the HD 800 for a few years and am finding that the HDVD 800 and balanced cable work a treat together with great synergy.
I just got the Sennheiser HDVD 800 and balanced Sennheiser cable for my HD 800 which I'm using with a 2008 MacBook Pro connected to a surge protected power extension bar with a Wireworld Status 7 power cable and a Starlight 7 USB cable and am enjoying it a lot so far, when I've listened. Getting a Wyrd has crossed my mind too and the obvious thing that comes up is that the USB cable of the Wyrd will probably affect the sound and upgrading the stock Wyrd cable may be...
I highly recommend the HDVD 800 with the balanced cable!
 I hadn't considered that and will look into it. Thanks for the tip! :)
 Update: I bought two new cables yesterday, both by Wireworld: a Stratus 7 power cable and Starlight 7 USB cable, and I'm fascinated by the results! Briefly, I found that when I changed the old USB cable to the Starlight 7 the general sound of the HDVD 800 / balanced HD 800 became cleaner, the background became 'blacker', instrumental became definition clearer, and weight was added to the bass region as was sparkle to the treble region. Changing the standard power cord to...
 I'm loving the HDVD 800/HD 800 combo more and more too and I agree with your description of the highs being delicate. At present I would describe them as slightly rounded, and nice to hear that you found the clarity of the HDVD 800 to increase with time too. :)  I am still going to get a new USB cable and power cable as in my experience cables make a difference, but I haven't experimented with power cables and USB audio cables yet. I hadn't thought of the Wyrd as a way to...